• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada vs Italy hardly a riveting match.

Good you are feeling okay and will live to ban some more sockies.....

Comment

Wandering hordes of jehova's witnesses on the street today.

you'd think they'd get tired of knocking on doors.

or maybe they think 'sod off' is a normal greeting?

Comment

In with the hoi polloi and the sun's just emerged from behind the murk.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Oi Nick... There might be an issue in the CUK app on iPadOS...
          I can reply with a quote, I can reply by clicking the + and getting the pop up window, but I can’t quick reply in the “Write a reply... “ box.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Morning all

Have you ever fired a shotgun, while not holding it correctly and you get the full recall into your shoulder/chest?
            even worse, - an SLR.

and it's recoil

hope it's benign.

Comment

As retired old fart I like doing IT stuff to keep my few remaining brain cells working. Got me Karaoke things working now, youtube and local vid versions. Not as sophisticated as some you get online that highlight the exact point in the song, but highlights current and next verses and shows countdown to start of latter. No more going wrong by starting to sing in the interlude.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Oi Nick... There might be an issue in the CUK app on iPadOS...
                I can reply with a quote, I can reply by clicking the + and getting the pop up window, but I can’t quick reply in the “Write a reply... “ box.
                Nowt to do with me I'm afraid; you'll have to tell admin about that one. And I believe that's a third party app anyway, so he'll just have to wait for them to put out a bug fix

Comment

Morning all

Have you ever fired a shotgun, while not holding it correctly and you get the full recall into your shoulder/chest?

That’s what my chest feels like this morning.

For those who like the details, they removed an oval shape 4x2cm and about 1cm deep.

The neck bit feels fine today, but the one on my back seeped a little overnight.

In other news, client hasn’t signed my contract yet, so I’m watching rugby.
                  Not done the shotgun thing, but I've had my chest cut open and my sternum sawn in two so I'm aware of how uncomfortable having your chest hacked about can be. Hope it heals quickly!

Try not to sneeze. And hiccups are right out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Not done the shotgun thing, but I've had my chest cut open and my sternum sawn in two so I'm aware of how uncomfortable having your chest hacked about can be. Hope it heals quickly!

Try not to sneeze. And hiccups are right out
                    OK, you’re several levels of complexity up on me.

Haven’t sneezed of had hiccups yet, thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      even worse, - an SLR.

and it's recoil

hope it's benign.

Recoil/recall - I blame autocorrect.

As for SLRs, none of mine were ever an issue. Maybe you’re shooting Nikon?

Comment

Working...
                      X