• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's first Big Feature was Arctic (2018), in which Mads Mikkelsen is stranded in said part of the world, and then things get worse. There's almost no speaking, just trying to survive in and get out of the situation; in that respect, it reminded me of the excellent All Is Lost (2013) with Paul Newman. But I found it much less enthralling than the latter, possibly because surviving in the Arctic involves a lot of trudging through snow, then holing up somewhere to recover from the trudging, then doing that all over again. Worth watching, but you need to be in the right mood. Trigger warning for polar bear attack, though - that bit's very good. And definitely watch the Paul Newman one if you haven't yet.

After that, as I needed something a bit more lively, a rewatch of Constantine (2005). Excellent stuff, and although it's a shame that some people who liked the picture book graphic novel on which it's based weren't happy with it, I think they should get a life and recognise a damn good film when they see it rather than bitching and whining about whatever it was they were bitching and whining about

And then a couple more episode of Breaking Bad, taking us up to the introduction of Saul Goodman

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Wet.

Unpleasant.

Nearly October.

Saturday.

tulipty night's sleep again, awake at 05:18 this time, listened to wireless, read book, back to sleep until 08:35.

Cooler. 18.8 deg.

The clock/temperature sensor/humidity sensor thing is dead as a dodo.

Ho hum.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

^^
        I found "Constantine" relatively amusing too.

It had sat in a pile for a goodly number of years before being pressed into use.

A trail for "All is Lost" came up on one of this week's or last week's dvds.

It looks rather good.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 September 2019, 09:24.

Comment

watching a joan armatrading doco on BBC4.

i'd forgotten how good she is.

senior problems i suppose.
          I meant to watch that.

Then forgot.

bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I came in here to do something, now what was it?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              I meant to watch that.

Then forgot.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              I came in here to do something, now what was it?
              is this a worrying trend??

Comment

morning all.

dry and positively king billy in shivery sarf herts.

porridge for breakfast.

might have to fire up the centraal verwarming

Comment

Overcast but no rain forecast until this evening. A little chilly but not uncomfortably so.

So far today, I have been to the hairdresser, optician and had brunch. Eyesight decline is inevitably gradual but still no need for spectacles yet.

Off to see Ad Astra at the Curzon in Victoria this evening.

Yesterday ended up watching two episodes of Rise of the Nazis. Was tempted to follow with the first episode about The Troubles but instead lightened the mood with First Dates Hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Off to see Ad Astra at the Curzon in Victoria this evening.

i trust you wont have to suffer per ardua getting there

Comment

Just had the scam recorded (very badly) message re my non existent Amazon Prime subscription.

Now I'm in the house so much more I get to enjoy these calls in detail.

Comment

Working...
                      X