• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the preparation instructions that came through yesterday evening, their biggest concern was that I wore a shirt that buttoned up the front.

Do I need to wear a tie too?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Morning all
      Overcast and cool here, but not raining. The Wife (tm) has taken The Dog (tw) to work (she is a working ESS after all).

Hair cut, in preparation for part of it to be shaved.
      About to have a shower and then it will be time to go, unless I can distract myself with something else.
      In the preparation instructions that came through yesterday evening, their biggest concern was that I wore a shirt that buttoned up the front.

Do I need to wear a tie too?

In with the hoi polloi.

The mouth breather isn't here today.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Mostly grey here, with a bit of thin sunlight getting through occasionally, and not very warm: 7°C outside, 18° within

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I did notice that the iPlayer expiry date for the 'Troubles' was odd. E1, 3, 4 have 11 months but E2 only had the standard 30 days.
          Yes, I noticed that, though I just checked on the website and they seem to have fixed it

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          The maps one is quite interesting
          Seems so, so far

Comment

Morning all
            Overcast and cool here, but not raining. The Wife (tm) has taken The Dog (tw) to work (she is a working ESS after all).

Hair cut, in preparation for part of it to be shaved.
            About to have a shower and then it will be time to go, unless I can distract myself with something else.
            Good luck (again)! <- manly

Comment

Morning all

Appointment later for the MRI scan on my knee arrived this morning.

Usual very long list of "Have you ever had..." questions to be answered, mostly revolving around whether I've ever had bits of metal inserted into any part of me in the past. Voluntarily or otherwise...

I've had multiple MRI's in the past so not bothered, but I would scare the hell out of me if I didn't know anything about it.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Another walk up to Tonna lock & back.

I suppose the added might be down to the two bags of shopping from Morrisons I was carrying.

Happily no pork pies or Ginsters Cornish Pasties (Morrisons, reduced) were purchased.

In other news I've successfully lost 3 jumpers by putting them safe.

I suppose they'll turn up eventually.

The increasingly symptoms are increasing.

Nearly left something I'd bought elsewhere on the end of the belt in Morrisons.

Fortunately a nice lady pointed it out.

<gardening hiatus>

<taps screen: is this thing fecked again?>

More decimation done to the raspberry canes and associated honeyfeckingsuckle and brambles.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 October 2019, 11:59.

Comment

Hello

30 mins under the knife turned into over an hour, because what was supposed to be a discreet was actually diffuse. This means they had to do a lot of picking and give me an extra 4 anaesthetics on top of the 4 they gave me at the start.

I’ve got a photo of what they removed, but it’s not pretty.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The rain has arrived for which much thanks since I'm knackered and it's stopped me doing any more gardening, probably for the afternoon.

The ibuprofen gel has been liberally applied to the left elbow and shoulder.

Who'd have thunk that using a shears would be so enervating.

Comment

Hello

30 mins under the knife turned into over an hour, because what was supposed to be a discreet was actually diffuse. This means they had to do a lot of picking and give me an extra 4 anaesthetics on top of the 4 they gave me at the start.

I’ve got a photo of what they removed, but it’s not pretty.
                      Welcome back!

Comment

Working...
                      X