• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I try to think of interesting places for these mapping examples. The one I'm working on today is centred on the ferris wheel at the Pripyat Amusement Park

Comment

Another walk up to Tonna lock & back
      Never heard of that. Ah! A quick Google shows it's south of Minneapolis. Why doesn't bloody Chrome allow you to fix country.?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I try to think of interesting places for these mapping examples. The one I'm working on today is centred on the ferris wheel at the Pripyat Amusement Park
        I only remember that from playing Cod 4.

Comment

Lunch has been the cold roast spuds left over from yesterday's roast chicken dinner, with the remainder of the breaded chicken morsels from Tuesday's lunch. What with the chicken tikka masala on Tuesday night, this week is pretty heavily chicken-oriented

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Never heard of that. Ah! A quick Google shows it's south of Minneapolis. Why doesn't bloody Chrome allow you to fix country.?
            I used to work for 3M (Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing).

Yeeeehaw!.

Just look at what you can buy in Asda Walmart here.

gun display walmart - Google Search
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              I used to work for 3M (Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing).

Yeeeehaw!.

Just look at what you can buy in Asda Walmart here.

gun display walmart - Google Search
              I believe they recently stopped selling certain kinds of guns and ammo: Walmart to stop selling some types of ammunition | Business | The Guardian

So only hunting rifles now, because they're comparatively harmless

Comment

dinner was chicken and chickpea madras.
                from the freezer.
                and hot lime pickle and a couple of mini-nans.
                all very wonderful

now watching more of 'altered carbon'

are YOU a believer?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I believe they recently stopped selling certain kinds of guns and ammo: Walmart to stop selling some types of ammunition | Business | The Guardian

So only hunting rifles now, because they're comparatively harmless
                  Quite.

The supermarket scene in "Shooter" serves to indicate that.

Tea this evening was chili con carne & rice.

It was particularly quite nice this time.

Followed by ground rice (not much of that left now thankfully) and some Good Glengettie Tea in 1.05 pint quantity.

The evening's first feature was "Jeremiah: Things Left Unsaid Part 1".

Which was a good deal better than most of the preceding eps.

"Jeremiah" Things Left Unsaid: Part 1 (TV Episode 2002) - IMDb

To be followed by "Jeremiah: Things Left Unsaid Part 2".

"Jeremiah" Things Left Unsaid: Part 2 (TV Episode 2002) - IMDb

Part 1 had David McCallum guesting in a monk's habit.

The evening's final feature was "The Detonator (2005)" with Wesley Snipes.

It wasn't as good as "The Contractor" but it was ok for what it was, direct to dvd Eastern European.

The Detonator (Video 2006) - IMDb
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 October 2019, 22:16.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I wasn't sure what to have for tea tonight, but upon investigating the freezer I discovered a gammon steak. So that with chips, beans, and fried egg turned out very nice

I didn't have any pineapple and it's raining and blowing in a sufficiently unpleasant manner to dissuade me from even a brief scoot over to Sainsbury's Local for a tin.

Though that didn't stop me from going out a-trundling of the bin, leaving me a bit chilly and rather soggy

Comment

Chicken & salad with a nice sauvignon blanc

Watched a couple of episodes of S5 - Chuck.

currently watching the Martian.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X