• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning

bright and sunny this morning

rain expected later.

I see the scoury one is no longer AWOL.

Comment

Morning all
      Just back in from a pleasant dog walk. Still pleased with myself that I took no plain killers yesterday.

On today’s job list:
      1. Brush and trim Millie’s ears.
      2. Think about getting a new contract.
      3. See if I can find the Guinea fowl, cause when I let them out this morning they created a racket as soon as I walked away, and when I went back there were only 2, not 3. Shortly after that there was another racket and I spotted one of them flying into a neighbour’s garden.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Morning all
        Just back in from a pleasant dog walk. Still pleased with myself that I took no plain killers yesterday.

On today’s job list:
        1. Brush and trim Millie’s ears.
        2. Think about getting a new contract.
        3. See if I can find the Guinea fowl, cause when I let them out this morning they created a racket as soon as I walked away, and when I went back there were only 2, not 3. Shortly after that there was another racket and I spotted one of them flying into a neighbour’s garden.
        Your neighbour will have a nice lunch then

Comment

Torrential rain whilst on the tow path up to Tonna lock.

Fortunately shielded by trees for most of it.

Then the sun came out.

Grey again now.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Watching RSA v Canada. That wasn’t on the job list.

Comment

It seems to be clouding over here now. The forecast says nothing of rain, but the rainfall radar suggests we'll get some very soon.

Meanwhile, I can't decide what to have for lunch

Comment

Heinz baked beans on Morrisons Multi Seed toast followed by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

It was nice enough, since it had both salt and sugar in it, apart from the tea which didn't have either.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  It seems to be clouding over here now. The forecast says nothing of rain, but the rainfall radar suggests we'll get some very soon.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Heinz baked beans on Morrisons Multi Seed toast followed by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

It was nice enough, since it had both salt and sugar in it, apart from the tea which didn't have either.
                  bacon roll with manly HP sauce.

and tea with bergamot in.

Comment

Dog’s ears brushed and trimmed.
                    Rugby watched.

UPS man came to the door saying he had a collection. I suspect it’s former ClientCo wanting their computer back. I ask who organised it. Says it’s me.
                    I quickly grab the computer and throw it into an empty wine box along with its cable.
                    He then tells me that I should have a label for it.
                    I tell him I knew nothing about him coming and don’t have a label.
                    I ask if he wants to wait while I phone them, but I know he’s on a timetable. So I tell him to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Soup! Soup that knits up the ravelled sleeve of care, as the Bard has it

Chicken and barley soup, to be precise, with both kinds of toast. Delicious and nutritious

Comment

Working...
                      X