• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got an email promising me a 45% share of $12,500,000 if I consent to being presented as next of kin to somebody who had died in Spain. Naturally I cannot pass up this great opportunity!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There's been a broken golf umbrella (Slazenger) lying around in the front garden next-door-but-one since the weekend. It's windy today, so it's been blown across the lawn to just beside their path. Wondering if this will inspire one of the residents to pick it up and take it to a bin, or if they'll all continue to treat it as Somebody Else's Problem

Comment

Wot's this 'ere ear?

In other ear related news, the Lidl(tm) Powerfix Ear Defenders with built in wirelss is defunct.

It cost £25.

The same thing from Screwfix is £57.

Tea this evening was the last of the roast beef with carrots and onions.

It was nice enough if a bit heavy on the smoked paprika and a tad light on the cornflour.

The experimental rice pudding made in the microwave is not going well.

All followed (eventually) by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The evening's entertainment is pencilled in as S2 E11 and E12 of "Jeremiah".

It might be followed by S1 E5 of "Joan of Arcadia" which is much more amusing.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Actually sat in the garden enjoying the late afternoon sun.

Only wearing jeans and a hoodie so must be global warming I guess.

Soon be dark though.

Enjoy your evening's.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            The experimental rice pudding made in the microwave is not going well.
            It turned out ok after I'd cooked it on Defrost for 15 minutes.

Very nice.

In an overly sweet sort of way.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              It turned out ok after I'd cooked it on Defrost for 15 minutes.

Very nice.

In an overly sweet sort of way.
              *adds to recipe book*

Does it still form a nicely charred skin in the microwave, like it does in the oven? I would guess not. I haven't had rice pudding in many years, but when I was a kid my Mum made it a lot and we used to like the burnt skin

I tried making normal rice in the microwave once, but as far as I recall it turned into a right faff and I wasn't happy with the results. As I'd managed to work out how to make it just fine (for my tastes, anyway) in a saucepan by then, I've stuck to that since

Comment

Tea tonight has been chicken jalfrezi out of the freezer, with the usual rice and naan, and was very nice indeed

Comment

fish finger sarnie, after a fraught afternoon with my partner and the addled mother.

i'm an engineer, i fix things/build things/sort things.

if it's unfixable i'm fecked.

anybody got a magic wand i can rent for a wee while?

for a magic wand today, i will gladly pay you friday.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    *adds to recipe book*

Does it still form a nicely charred skin in the microwave, like it does in the oven? I would guess not. I haven't had rice pudding in many years, but when I was a kid my Mum made it a lot and we used to like the burnt skin

I tried making normal rice in the microwave once, but as far as I recall it turned into a right faff and I wasn't happy with the results. As I'd managed to work out how to make it just fine (for my tastes, anyway) in a saucepan by then, I've stuck to that since
                    Nope, skinless but very sweet, mostly due to the amount of sugar I put in it, though it was much less than ever got put in the ground version, though that was rather more generous in the proportion of rice.

Never liked the skin much since Strangelove Mater liked it that wasn't a problem.

For other kinds of rice I used the microwave packet stuff.

For added excitement I sometimes don't make a hole in the packet.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    fish finger sarnie, after a fraught afternoon with my partner and the addled mother.

i'm an engineer, i fix things/build things/sort things.

if it's unfixable i'm fecked.

anybody got a magic wand i can rent for a wee while?

for a magic wand today, i will gladly pay you friday.

It's as far away from fun as you can get.

I feel your pain. <- Manly, No s

I still can't understand how I managed with the two of them back then.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 October 2019, 22:25.

Comment

Onwards ever onwards with Breaking Bad tonight: S4E3 Open House (TV Episode 2011), S4E4 Bullet Points (TV Episode 2011), and S4E5 Shotgun (TV Episode 2011)

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X