• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon - thought I'd stop in too. Mostly alive, randomly started acquiring migraines so I'm officially medically unfit and can't fly at the minute.

Other than that, I'm mostly pretending to be a builder at the minute. I'm actually a smidge further forward than this photo, and about to start the blockwork superstructure this weekend:

(And yep, did all that by myself - no builders involved)

</blog>

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      Afternoon - thought I'd stop in too. Mostly alive, randomly started acquiring migraines so I'm officially medically unfit and can't fly at the minute.

Other than that, I'm mostly pretending to be a builder at the minute. I'm actually a smidge further forward than this photo, and about to start the blockwork superstructure this weekend:

</blog>

Well done! Now while no builders were involved, I take it you used cyclists in the foundations. They're a lot cheaper than hardcore.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

11 out of 12 stitches removed from my head. It appears the 12th one may have fallen out in the week since surgery.

On Tuesday I have to visit the consultant to get sign-off on the head work, then the week after that I get the chest biopsy results. (insert fingers crossed icon here)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea this evening was the last of the batch of chili con carne out of the freezer.

It seemed to lack something that the previous portions had.

But it was nice enough.

Followed by another experimental rice pudding cooked in the microwave, made today with soft brown sugar which didn't improve things much.

It was ok but not as good as yesterday's effort.

All rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Can't decide if this evening's entertainment should be the concluding 3 eps of S2 of "Jeremiah" or just ep 13.

I suspect it'll be ep 13, with S1 E9, 10, 11, & 12 of "Joan of Arcadia" which seems a bit more suited to that sort of thing.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Why biology? Whats the overall degree you are doing
            The overall degree is Natural Sciences with Chemistry. When doing the first level courses I found I got on better with Chemistry than Biology even though the latter has always been an interest of mine. By going for the Chemistry option I still get to choose Biology components but the easier ones . I may rue the day I made that decision when I get to level 3...

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

</blog>
              Nice work!

Comment

Gosh. OU modules are quite cheap in Wales.

If I still had a brain I might consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Gosh. OU modules are quite cheap in Wales.

If I still had a brain I might consider it.
                  You don't need a brain - I'm proof enough of that!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    You don't need a brain - I'm proof enough of that!
                    Just as well really since I can't make their website work.

I did contemplate doing an OU degree nearly 40 years ago after my CEI Part II but never got around to it.

It's quite funny that prior learning runs out after 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      . I may rue the day I made that decision when I get to level 3...
                      is that when you get the ancient weapon, much beloved of the elves, and called, by them, in the high tongue 'a general purpose machine gun' ??

Comment

Working...
                      X