• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chicken pathia with naan and hot lime pickle for dinner.
    in case anyone's interested.

anybody ever worked in Finland?

Comment

Just took the recycling down and the bin's not even half full with that thrown in. I don't think I'll need to do any trundling tonight, unless the residents of the other flats are planning a last minute rush

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        chicken pathia with naan and hot lime pickle for dinner.
        in case anyone's interested.

No, but I've heard they drink a lot. As in a lot. Really, a HELL OF A LOT

Here's a book about it from the 1960s: Direction North, by John Sykes (1967) - The Neglected Books Page

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          No, but I've heard they drink a lot. As in a lot. Really, a HELL OF A LOT

Here's a book about it from the 1960s: Direction North, by John Sykes (1967) - The Neglected Books Page
          wot, more than weegies ??

and 1967 is a loooong time ago

Comment

wot, more than weegies ??

and 1967 is a loooong time ago
            Probably hasn't changed much; it's very cold there, which slows everything down

Rain has arrived

Comment

A repeat of Tuesday on the evening meal front tonight, with leftovers of

Tea tonight has been shoulder of beef pot roast with red wine, accompanied by big crispy homemade potato wedges and petits pois. Very nice indeed
              heated up; and the remaining leftovers, good for another meal, have been consigned to the freezer

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                I suspect it'll be ep 13, with S1 E9, 10, 11, & 12 of "Joan of Arcadia" which seems a bit more suited to that sort of thing.
                And so it proved to be.

The remaining two eps of "Jeremiah" shall wait until tomorrow.

Nope but I remember the Finnish Esteemed Customer who was regularly found in the gutter down Wind Street of an evening.

As NF mentioned the Finns appear fond of the booze (basing this on a sample size of one of course as is only right & proper).

He also used to shoot cats, being a Finn who liked hunting and thusly distressed by the local lack of elk and moose.

His proposed final year design project was originally some sort of sexual device for pleasuring ?ladies? but they wouldn't let him do that so he ended up designing an ultraviolet water purification jug thing.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's viewing whilst dining was the end of the BBC thing about the Met, followed by the start of the BBC thing about the murders of Lynda Mann and Dawn Ashworth in 1983 and 1986, about three or four miles up the road from here, which led to the development of DNA profiling over at the University and, ultimately, the arrest and conviction of Colin Pitchfork. That's still a huge thing here; there's outbursts of absolute fury in the local paper every time he comes up for a parole hearing, just at the thought that he might be released on license.

And then a couple more episodes of Breaking Bad: S4E6 "Breaking Bad" Cornered (TV Episode 2011) - IMDb, and S4E7 "Breaking Bad" Problem Dog (TV Episode 2011) - IMDb.

Early(ish) start tomorrow as there's stuff to do, but it may well be raining all day, in which case plans might change

Goodnight all

Comment

Tonight's viewing whilst dining was the end of the BBC thing about the Met, followed by the start of the BBC thing about the murders of Lynda Mann and Dawn Ashworth in 1983 and 1986, about three or four miles up the road from here, which led to the development of DNA profiling over at the University and, ultimately, the arrest and conviction of Colin Pitchfork. That's still a huge thing here; there's outbursts of absolute fury in the local paper every time he comes up for a parole hearing, just at the thought that he might be released on license.

And then a couple more episodes of Breaking Bad: S4E6 Cornered (TV Episode 2011), and S4E7 Problem Dog (TV Episode 2011).

Early(ish) start tomorrow as there's stuff to do, but it may well be raining all day, in which case plans might change

Goodnight all

Comment

Tonight's viewing...
                      Goodnight all
                      Tonight's viewing...
                      Goodnight all

^^There's an echo in here an echo in here an echo in here.

Morning all if all there be

Dark.

Dank.

Horizontal drizzle.

Windy.

Grey.

Sunless.

Friday.

Off to Swansea to see some mates at lunch time so the order of washing stuff has altered.

The shirts started at 07:20 (delayed start on the WM from last night) which has reminded me I need to change the anti water hammer device, which hasn't lasted all that long.

Next in are the cottons, the rest of it will have to wait until this afternoon assuming I return safely from the oncoming deluge.

<hiatus>

In with the hoi polloi.

By the time I get home through the gale & horizontal drizzle, the shirts should be done in the TD and the coloureds should be done in the WM.

The endless innerest of my life knows few bounds.

Then it's off to the metropolis () of Swansea on the bus.

<taps screen: is this thing on?>
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 October 2019, 08:52.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X