• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Wet out. Dog Still needs walking.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      ^^There's an echo in here an echo in here an echo in here.
      So there is! I wonder how that happened

Morning denizens

Grey out though not as cold as it might be at 14°C

Looks like the rain will hold off until this afternoon, so I might finally get around to going into town

Comment

Morning all

damp
        dreich
        drizzly
        & dark in dull sarf herts.

meh.

Comment

Damp and dull in the part of Londinium I'm in

Some racket going on outside; not sure if I want to have a look. I thought at first someone was prowling around my little patio but I think it's actually on the street.

In danger of delivering stuff. Will have to put some washing on and make a coffee. Have already cleaned the hob extractor housing this morning - that was grim. Especially as now the covering for the light bulb no longer stays shut because I cleaned it

Comment

Watching Rip Off Britain this morning, all these f* scammers.

Then logged into bank to pay off my credit card and found balance was shown as nearly £1200 on payment page although it was £433 up to yesterday and I haven't made any major payments recently. Thought must be a pending payment to some scammer, phoned bank and it turned out to be some odd bank cockup. Phew!
            Last edited by xoggoth; 11 October 2019, 10:29.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Thornton Manor, where BoJo met Leo yesterday, was once run by my sister-out-law.

She now runs Llandudno's biggest hotel.

Comment

Paging NF!

Folkestone dad pulls spider from his ear after feeling 'blocked' and hearing 'slight scratching' - Kent Live

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Looks like the rain will hold off until this afternoon, so I might finally get around to going into town
                  And so it came to pass. And about time too, as I was down to one hearing aid battery left, and now have a fresh supply from SpecSavers. They give you a three year supply free in the form of vouchers, but it's taken me over a year to get through the original six months' worth they start you with on top of that. This is due to me only wearing them in the evening except on odd occasions when I need to hear people in the day, like going shopping. I got two vouchers' worth as I never go into town nowadays, which on past form will last me two years

And then in to the city centre M&S for a few bits, and back via the market where I picked up a few pork chops.

But before all of that, the main event: the Moon at the cathedral

Comment

It's gone torrential out there, leaving me feeling smug about getting my excursion over and done with before it started

Comment

Home-baked light lunch of a Greggs steak bake and some Greggs mini sausage rolls, the latter being an "Iceland Exclusive" it seems

Comment

Working...
                      X