• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It's gone torrential out there

Monsoonlike with added murrain of beasts and old women and sticks in the metropolis of Swansea this lunchtime.

The "waxed" jacket proved inadequate to my needs.

The s meetup was suitably amusing and an adequate supply of preloved dvds was obtained at various emporia.

Lunch, when it finally arrived about 15 minutes ago, was the poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons multiseed toast.

It was nice enough and is followed, as usual, with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Oddly, they all seem quite happy about being retired.

I wish I could say the same.

<hiatus>

Tea this evening is M&S chunky battered haddock.

I bought some more this morning and didn't notice whether it was breaded or battered.

To be followed by a little more microwaved rice pudding.

<hiatus>

And it was all nice enough.

The experimental pudding was a bit odd but not as odd as yesterday's since instead of soft brown sugar I used demarara, this being all I've got.

<taps screen is this thing fecked again?>
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 October 2019, 17:01.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Getting PHPStorm working with Xdebug on a Vagrant VM is really easy once you spot the one step that's absolutely crucial but is in a different section of the documentation because reasons

Comment

I see that the 8 hour tv version of that load of semiotic twaddle known as "The Name of the Rose" is appearing on BBC at 21:00 this evening.

I'm giving it a miss.

The hours I wasted on the Sean Connery version were enough.

Now for S2 E14 & E15 of "Jeremiah", followed by more of "Joan of Arcadia" S1.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

i think i'll go for more escapist nonsense.
          it's generally better for my mood, otherwise i'll wander off and damage some/thing/body

Comment

Watching an episode of Arena - The $50m Art Swindle. All about some chap who pulled off a huge art world con. Speculation as to whether he's hiding somewhere or bumped off

Comment

dinner was chilli <from the freezer>, naan bread and lime pickle.
              a sort of global cuisine thing

actually rather pleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Watching an episode of Arena - The $50m Art Swindle. All about some chap who pulled off a huge art world con. Speculation as to whether he's hiding somewhere or bumped off
                Turns out he's not dead. He's taking part in the programme! Or I missed something. I am only half listening while playing lemmings.

EDIT: so he went on the run to Rio, got found, arrested, jailed and escaped to France. He lives in France still. He's a French national so can't be extradited to the US; the FBI can't nab him unless he leaves France.

Wet stuff persisting it down outside.
                Last edited by ladymuck; 11 October 2019, 20:35.

Comment

anybody know what the fecking point is?

meh

Comment

now watching 'the lost reggae tapes' on BBC4.

yah ,man

Comment

Tea has been one of the pork chops off the market, with chips, peas, and gravy. Very nice, it was

The chop was nice and thick, with a good rind of fat to it and great flavour. I should go to the market more often, at least for meat

Comment

Working...
                      X