• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    I see that the 8 hour tv version of that load of semiotic twaddle known as "The Name of the Rose" is appearing on BBC at 21:00 this evening.

I'm giving it a miss.

The hours I wasted on the Sean Connery version were enough.
    I think I'll be skipping it too, considering the great tedium that ensued that time my brother wanted to watch it many Christmases ago

Comment

I see that the 8 hour tv version of that load of semiotic twaddle known as "The Name of the Rose" is appearing on BBC at 21:00 this evening.

I'm giving it a miss.

The hours I wasted on the Sean Connery version were enough.

Now for S2 E14 & E15 of "Jeremiah", followed by more of "Joan of Arcadia" S1.
      Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I think I'll be skipping it too, considering the great tedium that ensued that time my brother wanted to watch it many Christmases ago
      Very wise, the concept of stretching something so interminable over 8 weeks strikes me as being cruel and unusual punishment.

In other news, Jeremiah has concluded, sort of, in yet another JMS sort of non event, much like the departure of the Vorlons and the Shadows in Bab5.

It was ok as far as it went and he had a miserable time with MGM from what I've read.

Watched the commentary on the pilot ep which is the only commentary in all 35 episodes, which was vaguely inneresting if you like that sort of thing.

The commentary on one of yesterday's Joan of Arcadia eps was more inneresting, as was the appearance in said ep of Jonathon Banks, of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul fame.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

On the silver screen (presumably oxidised silver because it's black most of the time) this evening, the concluding two parts of the Hunger Games tetralogy: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (2014) and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 (2015). I don't care that I'm not one of the teenage girls that is the target audience, I still think these films are bloody excellent

And then a couple more episodes of S.W.A.T. to round the evening off

Goodnight all

Comment

Been listening to The Cryptoqueen podcast on BBC Sounds.

How the gullible are taken in by Cryptocurrency in the name of greed.

Facebook icon

Quick exit...
          Last edited by Scruff; 12 October 2019, 08:29.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

In other news, Jeremiah has concluded
            Which has resulted in a curious feeling I'm always afflicted with after the conclusion of one or other of these epics.

Strange.

Morning all if all there be.

Grey.

Intermittently torrential.

Undry.

Sunless.

Cooler. 16.6 deg C in here this morning.

All this rice pudding experimentation means I need more milk.

And it's Saturday, as evinced by The Today prog starting at 07:00 instead of 06:00.

Comment

Morning all
              Grey and murky out, but The Dog (tw) needs walking.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

In with the hoi polloi, and since I brought an umbrella with me the sun's come out.

Comment

morning.
                  grey here.

meh.

Comment

Persisting it down here.

I need to pop out to my little patio and figure out how to fix my bamboo before it completely gives up but that ain't happening today if the rain continues.

Waitrose have 15% off Roku gin for Waitrose card holders. The shop on the high street had none in stock yesterday evening. Now wondering if I should go to the Gloucester Road branch for a look see and, if unsuccessful, maybe go back up to the high street in case they found a box in the stores.

Off to Bristol for three days next week. Any tips for nice drinkies or dinners?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Persisting it down here.

I need to pop out to my little patio and figure out how to fix my bamboo before it completely gives up but that ain't happening today if the rain continues.

Waitrose have 15% off Roku gin for Waitrose card holders. The shop on the high street had none in stock yesterday evening. Now wondering if I should go to the Gloucester Road branch for a look see and, if unsuccessful, maybe go back up to the high street in case they found a box in the stores.

Off to Bristol for three days next week. Any tips for nice drinkies or dinners?
                      this place was good last time i was there <a few years ago, mind>

San Carlo Bristol | Fresh Italian Food | Award Winning Restaurant

lots of bars around the harbour

Comment

Working...
                      X