• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    since I brought an umbrella with me the sun's come out.
    Just as well I did since it pissed down on the stagger up to Tonna lock & back.

Quite grey now.

Raining again.

But at least it's vertical rather than yesterday's horizontal.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 October 2019, 11:13.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey skies starting to clear a little here

The forum's playing up again

Comment

Which has resulted in a curious feeling I'm always afflicted with after the conclusion of one or other of these epics.

Strange.
        Confronted by the depressing prospect of having to decide what to watch next?

I hear there's a new adaptation of The Name of the Rose just started…

Comment

I think I'll have a bacon butty

Comment

I just had a sausage sarnie.

with HP sauce.

and bergamot tea.

just for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I think I'll have a bacon butty
              And so I did, and very nice it was

Comment

Confronted by the depressing prospect of having to decide what to watch next?

I hear there's a new adaptation of The Name of the Rose just started…
                You cruel cruel Simian.

I think it's more a curious sense of loss.

Or something.

I think I'll defrost the fridge.

For want of doing something.

Can't open the freezer cabinet on it at the moment which means it should take until midnight to clean it up.

Comment

When I was about four, my parents had a concrete drive laid and I trod in it before it had set because I wanted to look at the nodding dog the neighbour had on the back shelf of his car. I just had a look at the house on Street View; the concrete drive is still there, but sadly the photos aren't clear enough to be able to see my footprints, even if you zoom right in.

Comment

When I was about four, my parents had a concrete drive laid and I trod in it before it had set because I wanted to look at the nodding dog the neighbour had on the back shelf of his car. I just had a look at the house on Street View; the concrete drive is still there, but sadly the photos aren't clear enough to be able to see my footprints, even if you zoom right in.
                    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
                    Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
                    The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

Comment

I think I'll defrost the fridge.

For want of doing something.

Can't open the freezer cabinet on it at the moment which means it should take until midnight to clean it up.
                      Transpires that there were 3 portions of what I think was bol and a kipper (Morrisons, reduced) in the freezer.

Now have a giant puddle on the floor in front of the fridge and it's still defrosting.

The chunk of ice at the back of the freezer cabinet is what will take the longest to melt.

Tea this evening was spag bol, with bol that came out of the chest freezer in the salting house rather than the mysterious offerings I've just discovered.

Portion control on the spag was rather less generous that usual so not completely stuffed.

Followed by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea and a particularly fine conference pear that I picked off the tree 3 weeks ago before the jackdaws got it.

There's another 3 pears to go.

I was going to poach it but it was just right so I just peeled it and ate it like that.

Yum.

So little of my diet evokes the "Yum" response these days that it made a very nice change.

Comment

Working...
                      X