• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
    The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

Big mood

Comment

My lunch today... The braai works in the rain!

Quick exit...
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Transpires that there were 3 portions of what I think was bol and a kipper (Morrisons, reduced) in the freezer.

Now have a giant puddle on the floor in front of the fridge and it's still defrosting.

The chunk of ice at the back of the freezer cabinet is what will take the longest to melt.

Tea this evening was spag bol, with bol that came out of the chest freezer in the salting house rather than the mysterious offerings I've just discovered.

Portion control on the spag was rather less generous that usual so not completely stuffed.

Followed by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea and a particularly fine conference pear that I picked off the tree 3 weeks ago before the jackdaws got it.

There's another 3 pears to go.

I was going to poach it but it was just right so I just peeled it and ate it like that.

Yum.

So little of my diet evokes the "Yum" response these days that it made a very nice change.
        You peeled a pear? Fair enough.

Comment

I watched the first two episodes about something to do with the 'science' of eugenics. The presenter being quite shocked at how it was a very popular thing in the UK in the early 1900's (if not before). I was shocked by how shocked they were, considering they claimed be a science journalist or some such.

Anyway, interesting enough but no real surprises. Eugenics tends to start from noble intentions and then drift ever darker and murkier. I didn't realise that Welwyn Garden City was designed by a chap who was a fan of eugenics and envisaged a world where the less desirables were housed well away from the 'good' people of the land.

Maybe I'm just as naive as the programme presenter, just in different aspects of how much that sort of thinking has pervaded throughout society.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            My lunch today... The braai works in the rain!

Quick exit...
            Drool!

Comment

Does look good that's for sure.

Conchigli n meat balls

Followed by blade runner 2049

Cos it's in Netflix n me the missus have the TV for once.

Probably wine too.

Comment

Sainsbury's Local is closed

I know they were talking about shutting it down, and it seems they have

I was going to get myself one of those nice coffee & walnut cakes. Having to make do with Mr. Kipling stuff from Iceland instead

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I was going to get myself one of those nice coffee & walnut cakes. Having to make do with Mr. Kipling stuff from Iceland instead
                  my condolences.
                  fortunately, i have my stuff delivered.

dinner was the last of the moroccan spiced lamb from the freezer, with couscous and harissa.

very nice it was, too.

oh, and a nice Rioja.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

No coffee and walnut cake supplies! How does one live with such deprivation.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Working...
                      X