• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I thought of you as I tucked into a very tasty guinea fowl for dinner last night.
    I thought of WTFH as I lay sprawled on the floor after being shot while cycling.....

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Lovely and sunny here though the breeze is fierce.
      That was then, the old women and sticks has returned along with the murrain of beasts.

It held off long enough to do a bit of tidying up in the garden and once it started I lit a bonfire to get shot of the accumulated vanities.

And duck & chicken bones that have been gently rotting away for a while.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I spent eight months contracting in Bristol
      My first contract was in Bristol up in Brislington.

As is usual, the place isn't there anymore.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 October 2019, 14:24.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

You've left a trail of destruction in your wake??

the scorched and salted earth approach?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I thought of you as I tucked...
          I had to read that twice to realise you said Tucked.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I thought of WTFH as I lay...
          Brillo and laid. Two words that don’t go together.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I was in Bristol for a Rutles gig the other year and went past the radio station. All empty. GCap Media got taken over by Global Radio (this was when I was at their Leicester Square studios, having been at Yahoo! Europe in between the stint in the Bristol studios and there) and I believe they’ve switched everything over to robots rather than real DJs, so they only need a broom cupboard containing a server somewhere rather than an office block full of studios now

Comment

'ere. You train users. Question for you. Booked in to quiet carriage down to London. Someone sat in my seat wouldn't move because there were plenty others so I sat elsewhere. By Milton Keynes the carriage was full so had to move to the next one. No biggie really.

What's the etiquette here though? Make a scene and call the train manager or just sit elsewhere hoping there is a special place in hell for these types of people?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                What's the etiquette here though? Make a scene and call the train manager or just sit elsewhere hoping there is a special place in hell for these types of people?
                I believe the answer is “Ask your accountant”
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea this evening will involve a serving of yesterday's chili con carne.
                  As predicted, followed by the last pear, which was not in any as nice as either of the first two.

Rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie tea.

The rain has proved intermittent, but when it gets going it does its best.

The fire is still smouldering away down the garden.

This is, of course, another feature of my scorched earth policy. <-bonfire

Whilst bonfiring I washed the religious jumpers and my worn out cords and have now selected a New Religious Jumper that is considerably less religious that the recently discarded one.

I think, however, that I may sew up some of the religiosities to make it last longer*.

* Let's face it, I look like a tramp. I suspect many tramps would have turned their noses up at the last religious jumper which consisted of more hole than jumper in some respects.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 October 2019, 16:52.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I spent eight months contracting in Bristol
                    Same here. Was at Filton British Aerospace.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Same here. Was at Filton British Aerospace.
                      me too, was at BOI in the HP campus at filton.

canteen was superb <if you like huge portions of english grub like S&K pud etc>

<mr creosote emoji here>

Comment

Working...
                      X