• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fire alarm control panel in the hall has started beeping at us all, complaining of a power fault. This is somewhat unconvincing, as the message is communicated through the medium of a yellow LED labelled “Power Fault” which is adjacent to a green LED labelled “Power” which is still glowing brightly

I used the magic code to try to reset it, but no joy. Still, I was at least able to turn the constant beeping off.

I texted the landlord, who phoned me back for a more detailed description of the problem. He’s decided he’ll come and have a look in the morning. Let’s hope nobody burns the place down tonight

Comment

Dinner has been yet another thucculent thirloin thteak.
      with chips and fried eggs.
      and manly HP sauce.

very nice indeed.

Comment

'tap' 'tap'

is this thing on?

watching prof pippin explaining 'forces of nature'.

quite interesting, but nothing i didn't know already <yet>

ho, hum

Comment

The rain, hail, murrain of beasts, and old women & sticks has returned with a vengeance.

I thought a day and a half of fine weather was too much to expect.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Let’s hope nobody burns the place down tonight
          I'm always pleased to find that the house hasn't burned down around me when I wake in the morning.

Currently enjoying yet more eps of S2 of BTVS.

What is it with Septic college fraternities?

They seem to be similar to the Bullingdon club with extra satanism.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 October 2019, 20:13.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

now watching various nutters attempting to launch themselves skywards by means of gradually crazier contraptions which set their feet alight.

totally radio rental.

Comment

Chicken tikka masala (out of the freezer) with rice and naan (not out of the freezer) for tea

The recycling bin’s trundling is already done, as I took it out once I’d investigated the fire alarm.

Sill no rain, but it’s quite cloudy out now and the radar reckons it might make its way here about midnight

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Chicken tikka masala (out of the freezer) with rice and naan (not out of the freezer) for tea

The recycling bin’s trundling is already done, as I took it out once I’d investigated the fire alarm.

Sill no rain, but it’s quite cloudy out now and the radar reckons it might make its way here about midnight
                it's on the midnight train from sarf herts

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  now watching various nutters attempting to launch themselves skywards by means of gradually crazier contraptions which set their feet alight.

totally radio rental.

these people are Completely. Off. Their. Trolley.

totally gaga

really

dear, oh, dear.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    'ere. You train users. Question for you. Booked in to quiet carriage down to London. Someone sat in my seat wouldn't move because there were plenty others so I sat elsewhere. By Milton Keynes the carriage was full so had to move to the next one. No biggie really.

What's the etiquette here though? Make a scene and call the train manager or just sit elsewhere hoping there is a special place in hell for these types of people?
                    Never had this happen fortunately and always wondered what I'd do! I know I'd be mightily pissed off.

It's a bit like when you have allocated seating in the cinema and people try to move during the ads/trailers on the assumption that people won't turn up closer to the film start time. Saw this happen just a couple of weeks ago in Curzon. This couple moved into what turned out to be occupied seats but the the lads who had those seats were happy to sit elsewhere. Except they then sat in seats that belonged to someone else and ... trump card ... that person had impaired mobility! So several sets of people had to shuffle about for no good reason just because one selfish couple didn't like the seats they picked.

They ended up back in their allotted seats.

Comment

Oh this is jolly: Trapped in a lift on 5.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X