• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched that new Tokyo/London crime thriller episode 1. The Wife (tm) didn’t enjoy it, so I’ve downloaded the rest to watch on upcoming travels.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Burger & Chips with a pint of Roasted nuts at a quiz night. All good fun,

Mrs V got prawns in crusty rolls as a consolation prize for baby sitting.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Gliding over all of Breaking Bad S5 part one and into S5 part two (aka “The Final Season”, apparently): S5E7 Say My Name (TV Episode 2012), S5E8 Gliding Over All (TV Episode 2012), and S5E9 Blood Money (TV Episode 2013)

Still no rain. It’s probably dawdling in the hope of catching me going shopping tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

I remember when I used to go for interviews suited and booted to try and impress a potential client, now I just make sure if my shirt isn’t ironed I at least have a jumper on to over the creases
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            'ere. You train users. Question for you. Booked in to quiet carriage down to London. Someone sat in my seat wouldn't move because there were plenty others so I sat elsewhere. By Milton Keynes the carriage was full so had to move to the next one. No biggie really.

What's the etiquette here though? Make a scene and call the train manager or just sit elsewhere hoping there is a special place in hell for these types of people?
            Kick up a fuss, normal response is “well it won’t be difficult for you to find a seat elsewhere then” and throw my bag in the overhead space with a fair bit of force

But it helps I’m 6’5” and usually get on the train at the start of its journey rather than mid way
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Wet. Very very wet.

Flash of lightning and the crack of doom just after 07:00.

Rather amazed that the rivers of water aren't descending along the gutters in the road.

Grey. Very grey.

Sunless.

Cooler in here at 15.6 deg.

<brief hiatus>

Oddly there is some blue bits of sky visible through the gap in the livingroom curtains.

How strange.

And the rain, hail, murrain of beasts and old women and sticks has ceased.

Remarkable.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 October 2019, 07:56.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

CBS with a light breeze and rather mild atm.

In a shocking and hitherto unprecedented break with tradition, breakfast has been:

Bacon (Two, fried)
                Sausage (One, oven cooked?)
                Eggs (Two, fried)
                Mushrooms(several, steamed?)
                Black pudding (1 Slice, fried)
                Coffee (Mug, Black, Taylors "Hot Lava Java")

Not as heart clogging as it seems since client co. canteen fry everything on a hot plancha rather than in a frying pan full of oil.

Having manage to shift a fair bit of weight by going low carb last year I am repeating the exercise. This has been brought about in a vain attempt to combat incipient portliness brought on by lack of exercise, in turn brought on by a buggered knee.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning denizens

It seems to have rained a bit overnight, but there’s thin watery sunshine breaking through now. Chilly, though: 8°C outside (17.6° within)

Off to do the shopping in a while

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Bacon (Two, fried)
                    Sausage (One, oven cooked?)
                    Eggs (Two, fried)
                    Mushrooms(several, steamed?)
                    Black pudding (1 Slice, fried)
                    Coffee (Mug, Black, Taylors "Hot Lava Java")

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Brillo and laid. Two words that don’t go together.
                      When its under your paving slabs they do....

Comment

Working...
                      X