• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

testes, testes,
    one two.
    one two.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Dinner this evening was courtesy of Bugis Street Brasserie. A very unassuming looking place that's part of the Millennium Gloucester Hotel by Gloucester Road station but, boy, is the food good. It makes Jay Rayner happy so it can't be all bad:

Bugis Street Brasserie, London | Jay Rayner | Food | The Guardian

HWMBO and I then very shamefully failed to find a drink on a Friday night. Thought we'd try a local hotel bar - closed, looked abandoned - then another one that was on the way home - closed for refurbishment. Headed back home and opened a bottle of wine instead. We were sat just as the rain started, it was obviously meant to be this way.

Bottle of wine in the dry - living the dream!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        next time i've got an afternoon gig, how much do you charge to have dinner ready when i get back, knackered?

free rioja chucked in, of course
        I can barely manage to get my own dinner cooked by half past nine most nights, so I doubt my catering services are what you need

Comment

Tonight’s main feature was The Other Boleyn Girl (2008), which was quite good I thought. One major historical error was that they used actual Tudor buildings to film various scenes; picturesque, with all the old stone worn at the edges and covered in lichens. Except, of course, at the time those buildings looked as brand new as a Barratt Home, the stone had cleanly-cut edges, and the lichens hadn’t had time to develop yet

But it was probably cheaper than building sets that looked new, and the punters would have complained that they didn’t look old, so what can you do?

The Queen supposedly attended the world premiere of this one, which happened at the Leicester Square Odeon, with all the posing for the paparazzi happening directly beneath the windows of the office I was working late in at Capital Radio; so the occasion was immortalised in TPD:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The peasantry are massing outside for another premiére

Apparently the Queen's coming to this one

We'd better keep our water pistols away from the windows...
          The peasantry are still massing outside... well, thronging, anyway

The carpet firm haven't even finished laying the red carpet yet... some of the horde have been here since lunchtime

They've built the crush barriers right up outside our entrance, meaning the general public are forced to inhale the fumes from anybody here who goes out for a smoke
          Just got a good look down Charlize Theron's (sp?) cleavage as she posed for the cameras... she was almost directly beneath the window

It's nice that the windows actually open up here
          Scarlet Johansson's out there now

Back to work...
          Turns out I've been misinformed - it was Scarlet all along, she's just taking ages waving to the bozos

I don't know who any of these people are anyway... well, except the Queen, and she no longer talks to me after that unfortunate encounter in threaded's shrubbery
          Natalie something and Eric something now...

Meanwhile, I have to say that JQuery is actually a very useful library, once you get used to its slightly unusual approach to the Document Object Model
          The Queen's not here yet...

She's late...
          Well, somebody's turned up in a big Rolls Royce with no number plates - so we know threaded's here

This happened while I was off having a piss, of course

Ah well, until the next premiére, all the Hello! readers are wandering away into the night.
          For the avoidance of doubt: Charlize Theron was never there; somebody said it was her, but they were wrong. It was Scarlett all the time.

By the by, the red carpet for this one wasn’t actually red. There’s a certain shade of blue, almost cyan, that appears throughout the movie, and the carpet and various associated decorations were all that colour. Must have cost a fortune to get a carpet made specially in a specific colour to be used once in Leicester Square of all places, but at least they saved enough to put subtitles on the film which is more than a lot of productions manage

Let’s see if I can find a pic. Ah, here we go: she was standing directly beneath the office window for this; little did she know I was peering down her cleavage from the fourth floor

Anyway, after that I decided to rewatch the first MI film, Mission: Impossible (1996). It feels very slow in parts, particularly at the start, compared to the more recent ones. Still good fun though

And finally, the last episode of S1 of the most recent incarnation of S.W.A.T.

Goodnight all

Comment

The Queen supposedly attended the world premiere of this one, which happened at the Leicester Square Odeon, with all the posing for the paparazzi happening directly beneath the windows of the office I was working late in at Capital Radio; so the occasion was immortalised in TPD:
            While you were peering out of the fourth floor window did you notice any little red laser dots on you?

Coz there very probably were.

As the son of one of my colleagues experienced in Swansea during a visit by HM, though, since he was opening the door of her car presumably the lads were zeroing in on something just to make sure like.

Morning all if all there be

Dry, no current precipitation.

Grey.

Though there are hints of something that might just be blue visible through the gap in the living room curtains.

Slightly warmer cooler in here today at 15.2 deg.

Oh, and I fed next door's cat.

I wonder where it's tulipting since there's no litter tray in there.

I suspect I won't be trespassing further than the kitchen.

In other news, the sun's out and it's raining.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 October 2019, 08:17. Reason: Cooler not warmer
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

CBS and KB in sunny, shivery, sarf herts.

Comment

in with the hoi polloi.

It's a bit fresher in here today as one of the malodorous ones ain't here.

Enough of this frivolity & fun, it's time to go shopping again.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Let’s see if I can find a pic. Ah, here we go: she was standing directly beneath the office window for this; little did she know I was peering down her cleavage from the fourth floor
                  I just had to capture that post!

Mind you, if it was me, I would have dribbled down her cleavage....

Comment

Interesting(inneresting?) article on A470.

Driving in Wales: Why the north-south road is so slow - BBC News

I drove end to end recently. Awesome drive.

Personally I would like the route kept as it is. Amazing drive. I understand concern of people in North Wales who feel cut off from the Capital though....

Comment

I did enjoy the rugby this morning. I suppose WTFH has not posted as he is too busy celebrating!

Comment

Working...
                      X