• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to get it together to head for the Chinese

Comment

Dinner was chicken jalfrezy <sainsburys ' taste the difference'>

nice, as usual.

i'm knackered after yesterday's spasm of percussive brilliance *

so, a lazy day, all in all.
      sod all on freeview, so watching ST -Voyager.
      trips down memory lane etc.

can't find blakes 7 anywhere though.

* not to mention aching in places one shouldn't ache, IMHO.

did i say, i'm too old for this stuff?
      but i really can't stop.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Time to get it together to head for the Chinese
        Very nice, as usual

They'd been quite busy earlier, but not when I was there. This rendered any of the usual far-reaching explanations for lack of busy-ness untenable, so none were offered

Busy in Ladbrokes tonight. There must have been seven or eight people in there as I was coming back. None of them looked very cheerful; the fun must have stopped.

Comment

A mega movie night tonight, opening with The Thing (1982) (or, as John Carpenter modestly describes it on the title frame, John Carpenter’s The Thing). This is one of those films that’s been around long enough to be always described as a “classic” before I ever got around to watching it. And it’s very good indeed, if you like that kind of Thing

After that, as I ventured upon an M:I rewatch last night, I accepted the inevitable and carried on with Mission: Impossible II (2000). Much better pacing on this one, more akin to the recent ones. I wonder if there was good reason to believe that audiences weren’t yet ready for such fast-paced movies back in 1996 or whenever it was, but were ready by 2000?

And after that I thought a brief something more would be nice, but finished up with another couple of hours more, and don’t regret that extra time in the slightest for it was a rewatch of The Accountant (2016), which is brilliant and remains one of my favourite films of recent years

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Sunny.

Dry.

Much colder. 14.5 deg in here currently.

CBS from what little I can see through the gap in the living room curtains.

The inside of the bedroom window was covered in condensation this morning.

He who would be Strangelove Mog has been fed, very insistent this morning, and next door's cat has been fed and watered.

<hiatus>

Still sunny.

Still cold.

Still dry.

Still CBS.

No good shall come of this.

Lamb aroasting in the oven.

Heartless today since I don't think there's one in the freezer, not that I looked, being a hearted out.

One can have too much of a good thing & all.

The vac has done its vaccing.

'Tis all go here on a Sunday morn & no mistake.

<taps screen: is this thing fecked again again?>

<hiatus>

The lamb was nice enough and I managed not to cremate it this week.

Nearly time for the Sunday Shop, once I've given the car battery a bit of a boost since it was a tad chilly overnight.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 October 2019, 12:16. Reason: Mog not Mod thankfully. There's enough mods to go round as it is.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

afternoon all

alarums and excursions with the addled one today.

calmed down a bit now.

Comment

Nice lazy day today. HWMBO has been playing some game on the Switch designed by a Japanese virgin who has no idea what the female form actually looks like. Fire Emblem I think it's called.

I have been tinkering with my accounts as a VAT return is due at the end of the month. Contemplating whether to potter about in my patio and see if I can do something with the slowly dying bamboo I have previously wittered about.

HWMBO has now decided he's peckish and is prepping us a nice sounding brunch of potatoes, sausages, eggs and mushrooms.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

It was sunny earlier but now it’s clouded over. No rain though

Comment

Afternoon denizens

It was sunny earlier but now it’s clouded over. No rain though
                    Very sunny here.

Just returned from a walk to Moss House Reservoir again, wearing my nice new* walking boots.

Met Frank who is the last, apart from me, of the little group who used to walk up there every Sunday morning come rain, shine, hail, snow, or murrain of beasts.

Malcolm popped his clogs, followed by Les some years later.

Frank looks like he's on his last legs but is still keeping going, albeit very slowly.

I took the path through the woods back down but it's very muddy these days after they felled the trees and fecked up the paths good & proper.

Some of it has changed so much that I get confused about where I am.

*That's if "new" describes something I bought last Easter.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I assume that if the “stretches for overtaking” are built, they’ll immediately and perpetually be occupied by HGVs that can manage 57mph overtaking ones that can only do 56mph

And then there is a 3rd lane for those doing 57.1mph.

Comment

Working...
                      X