• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Having discovered at 6am Monday morning in the peeing rain that my car battery was dead, I called RAC (cover courtesy of my bank account) this morning for a jump start and pootled down to Kwik Fit in Fulham for a new battery. The last one having been fitted in March 2014 and only about 5,000 miles driven in the intervening period. A match was on at Stamford Brook so it took a while to get there with Fulham Road being partially closed. Funny how you never normally worry about stalling a car until you know that stalling will mean being stranded somewhere really annoying with impatient London drivers being grumpy at you.
    It even happens in Wales now! About 2 years ago my clutch broke so I got stranded in an awkward but not impossible to navigate position. I put bonnet up. In the hour I waited for RAC I got tooted 3 times. I suppose in London it would be 300.

When mechanic turned up I asked if he could fit a new clutch cable which made him laugh. Apparently such things went out long ago....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      A mega movie night tonight, opening with The Thing (1982) (or, as John Carpenter modestly describes it on the title frame, John Carpenter’s The Thing). This is one of those films that’s been around long enough to be always described as a “classic” before I ever got around to watching it. And it’s very good indeed, if you like that kind of Thing
      Brilliant film. Must see it again. The special effects have not aged well(I suppose neither have I) but the filming, concept and execution are superb.

First saw in 1984 at some overnight party at university. Room of about 100 of us.

Comment

Late lunch of a sausage sandwich. White bread, no sauce. Lovely

Comment

Nice lazy day today. HWMBO has been playing some game on the Switch designed by a Japanese virgin who has no idea what the female form actually looks like. Fire Emblem I think it's called.
          I don't think they are called fire emblems. I think they are called shirt potatoes. Though Mrs BP makes me use the term breasts which is no fun. The advantage of being a man is never having to grow up....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I don't think they are called fire emblems. I think they are called shirt potatoes. Though Mrs BP makes me use the term breasts which is no fun. The advantage of being a man is never having to grow up....
            That did make me laugh. Silly arse

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Very sunny here.
              It's not sunny any more.

Tea this evening was baked beans on Morrisons multiseed toast.

I'm rather pissed off coz I prefer the pumpkin seed toast but Morrisons don't appear to be stocking it at the moment.

Followed, as ever, by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea, bergamot free.

The Oak Island nutjobs are back on Blaze at 21:00 until 23:00 this evening.

Following the stagger up the hill I did some gardening.

I'm not altogether sure that was a good idea. :

The Strangelove Corolla suffered from a flattish battery a fortnight or so ago.

However some hours of recharging with the Strangelove Pater's much abused 1960s battery charger seems to have restored some life to said battery.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Contemplating whether to potter about in my patio and see if I can do something with the slowly dying bamboo I have previously wittered about.
                My comtemplations came to naught. No pottering outside today.

Comment

Just ambled up to the Amazon Locker. The signage has been removed from Sainsbury’s Local, and the cash machine taken away. I wonder what it’ll become?

Meanwhile, lamb (shoulder, blade half) is a-roasting in the oven, for I have decided to have a proper Sunday roast on an actual Sunday for a change

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Just ambled up to the Amazon Locker. The signage has been removed from Sainsbury’s Local, and the cash machine taken away. I wonder what it’ll become?

Meanwhile, lamb (shoulder, blade half) is a-roasting in the oven, for I have decided to have a proper Sunday roast on an actual Sunday for a change
                    What time are you having dinner?

Comment

Having watched the requisite 4 eps of BTVS S2, now watching the Oak Island nutjobs who've just found a rusty nail and a triangular chunk of lead on the beach.

Now they're doing seismic imaging.

Last season's lead cross is being ablation tested with a mass spectrometer to find out where it's from using the isotope ratios.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch they've found a boulder with a hole in it.

And a 1797 penny.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 October 2019, 21:07.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X