• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    What time are you having dinner?
    It was finally ready about half past nine, and was quite inordinately nice

Plenty of lamb left, but I don’t have room for any more Scotch broth in the freezer at the moment, so I’ll probably have another roast dinner during the week

Comment

An unfortunate situation has developed out the back, where the lock on the main gate (the one through which vehicles pass in and out) has been broken for a couple of weeks. It would only turn half way, in which position you couldn’t get your key out, so no actual locking could occur.

But at some point today, some bozo has managed - presumably through brute force and pig ignorance - to get it locked; and now it can’t be unlocked due to the same problem, meaning everybody who parks within that area - which includes residents of the two side roads as well as mine - ain’t getting their car out to go to work tomorrow until somebody sorts it out

I’m glad I don’t need to go anywhere, but await developments with some interest

Comment

Tonight’s Hollywood classic was Sunset Boulevard (1950). I saw at least some of this back in the 1970s (probably 19 November 1972) but was rather too young to appreciate it; I vaguely remember complaining about how boring it was, but my parents wanted to watch it so I probably went and read a book instead

Anyway, very good, I thought with the benefit of age.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning folks

Just starting to get light out as I head into ClientCo. Reasonably warm, light drizzle.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Just ambled up to the Amazon Locker. The signage has been removed from Sainsbury’s Local, and the cash machine taken away. I wonder what it’ll become?
            Estate agent or mobile phone shop?

Of course, it may become a Greggs! Or a Chinese!

Comment

Very wet cycle. But due to be dry later. I just booked off Friday and Monday. So I will go to Wales Thursday afternoon by train and back Tuesday morning by train.

Still got 6 days holiday left(even after my day off on 13th Dec for Manchester meet). Thinking about taking off Fri 20th Dec until end of year.

For you contractors wondering what this holiday word means, don't worry unless you are forced into the dark side......

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Grey.

Cold at 15 deg in here but there's no condensation on the windows so it wasn't as cold as the previous night.

Pinkish tinge to the clouds so maybe there's some hope of a bit of sun later.

Today's purchase challenge is kitty litter since there's none left next door.

That stuff is heavy, man.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Tonight’s Hollywood classic was Sunset Boulevard (1950). I saw at least some of this back in the 1970s (probably 19 November 1972) but was rather too young to appreciate it; I vaguely remember complaining about how boring it was, but my parents wanted to watch it so I probably went and read a book instead

Anyway, very good, I thought with the benefit of age.

Goodnight all
                Aye, I've been looking at the spine of the dvd for years and haven't got a round tuit yet.

Should I watch it before or after "The Conqueror"?
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Should I watch it before or after "The Conqueror"?
                  Start a thread in general with a poll. Don't forget the "what would AndyW do?" option....

Comment

In with the hoi polloi.

I'll be off shortly to buy some kitty litter.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey damp day, with a shower having stopped (at least for now) in the last few minutes

Comment

Working...
                      X