• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning

overcast and very King Billy this morning.

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather foggy out

A mere 8°C too. But it’s nice to finally be getting the mists to go with the mellow fruitfulness

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        The bald headed tory **** is lying at us on the Today programme.
        I wasn't listening to what he was saying, but he was talking so it's safe to assume it was all lies.

In with the hoi polloi.

I'm beginning to think that the chap who brings his own keyboard sanitiser kit might have a point.

Very sunny now.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 October 2019, 12:20.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Still a touch foggy here

And my Virgin Media broadband is down

When I piggybacked on the phone's 4G and went to their service status page, it said they were already aware of two faults in the area and attempting to fix them, which makes a nice change.

Well, they seem a bit confused between “engineer on the way” and “engineer working to fix it” depending on which bit of their UI you look at, but I’ve long since given up expecting any kind of consistency there
          Last edited by NickFitz; 23 October 2019, 09:44. Reason: Autocorrect

Comment

I wasn't listening to what he was saying, but he was talking so it's safe to assume it was all lies.

In with the hoi polloi.

I'm beginning to think that the chap who brings his own keyboard sanitiser kit might have a point. :

Very sunny now.
            One of my first jobs in IT was 2nd line desktop support. Everyone says 1st line on the Helldesk is the worst job in IT but this was back when keyboards cost an appreciable amount of money and were regarded as repairable, not consumable.

I always wore latex gloves when dismantling, cleaning and reassembling other peoples faulty keyboards and then disposing of the detritus. Some of them needed a dustpan and brush to collect it all. Mouse droppings were often the least of my worries.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Sun’s out now

I suppose I should start deciding what to have for lunch…

Comment

Dentist this morning, what fun! Anaesthetic usually wears off in about 1/2 hour, took about 3 this time.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lunc was smoked mackerel inna bun with Horseradish.

and 800ml of earl grey tea.

very nice indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Dentist this morning, what fun! Anaesthetic usually wears off in about 1/2 hour, took about 3 this time.
                    Either your metabolism is slowing up or the dentist filled you up good and proper!

Comment

The bald headed tory **** is lying at us on the Today programme.
                      The blonde haired **** was bawling his head off just now on TWAO.

I'd shoot 'em all.

I'm beginning to think that the chap who brings his own keyboard sanitiser kit might have a point.

Very sunny now.
                      Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      One of my first jobs in IT was 2nd line desktop support. Everyone says 1st line on the Helldesk is the worst job in IT but this was back when keyboards cost an appreciable amount of money and were regarded as repairable, not consumable.

I always wore latex gloves when dismantling, cleaning and reassembling other peoples faulty keyboards and then disposing of the detritus. Some of them needed a dustpan and brush to collect it all. Mouse droppings were often the least of my worries.
                      Yes it is quite disgusting.

As I've retired I didn't have the joy of "dusting" the keyboards in the lab over the summer.

Turning them upside down & rattling them on the desk is as far as I was prepared to go & that led to all sorts of tulipe falling out.

Along with bits of insulation and the odd component lead or two.

And it's still sunny.

The walk up to Moss House Wood and back was pleasant today, though I'm beginning to get shin splints.

Due to total inefficiency during the shopping trip this morning, I have no bread, despite going shopping to get some bread, potatoes, and a crap shovel for the litter tray next door.

Lunch, therefore, included no toast of any description, but, instead, was a tin of Heinz tomato soup with some microwave rice in it to bulk it up a bit, followed by a baked potato (a white, not one of the ones I bought today).

Wrapped up with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X