• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    The blonde haired **** was bawling his head off just now on TWAO.

I'd shoot 'em all.
    Can't we just do what we would do to the Chinese and nuke them all?

Comment

Lunch turned out to be oxtail soup with both kinds of toast

And the broadband has come back

Comment

WFH again today

Breakfast was a slice of buttered toast with marmite. Using up some slightly stale sourdough left over from the weekend.

Elevensies was a nice plum danish from the shop round the corner that was bought yesterday.

Lunch was a chocolate and walnut brownie from a batch I made at the weekend.

Afternoon tea comprised two dark chocolate digestives.

A good and healthy diet, me thinks.

This evening HWMBO is cooking Osso Buco. He started it yesterday and it's been improving in the fridge overnight. Just the accompanying risotto to do today.

Comment

Glorious afternoon.

Spent some time "pruning" the gooseberry bushes.

They'll never be the same again.

After which I was tired and it was after 16:00 so I sat on the bench and he who would be Strangelove mog came along and sat on my knee.

Next door's cat decided it was nice enough to spend some time in the garden and amazingly enough I managed to get the damn thing back in the house without it running away or getting run over.

Tea was the last of the roast lamb from the weekend with the carrots & onions thing.

Nice enough though I was just a tad heavy on the hot smoked paprika.

Followed inevitably by 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Once I've done the dishes it'll be time for yet more BTVS.

When S3 is finished it becomes necessary to watch an ep of BTVS followed by an ep of Angel, something which was impossible in the UK when they were shown on tv, since even Sky didn't do the decent thing, never mind BTVS being on the Beeb and Angel on 4 (IIRC).
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Watchman (the series) has started on sky

Has promise

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Messing about with footpath stuff again. My mappy thing now has lots of features including centring on an entered OS grid ref. Also places in my Excel list of places of interest automatically shows driving distance from home. Fixed initial daft error that showed my home as 4.6 miles from my home.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Messing about with footpath stuff again. My mappy thing now has lots of features including centring on an entered OS grid ref. Also places in my Excel list of places of interest automatically shows driving distance from home.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Fixed initial daft error that showed my home as 4.6 miles from my home.
                “Off by one error?” “No, off by 4.6 miles error.”

Comment

Showers have arrived here now, and will apparently continue through the night and tomorrow

Comment

dinner has been more of the chicken casserole, with grilled pitta bread.

watching 'who shot the sheriff?' on netflix.

'cos there is as usual, absolutely feck all worth watching on freeview.

Comment

places in my Excel list of places of interest automatically shows driving distance from home
                      Darn it. Calculated distances can be up to twice values you get when directly using Bing maps. Dunno why, coordinates are all correct in the xml. More to do, but at least distance from home is now 0.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X