• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea tonight has been chicken in red wine sauce (frozen the other week) with chips and petits pois. Very tasty

The showers seem to have been swapped for steady rain now

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Darn it. Calculated distances can be up to twice values you get when directly using Bing maps. Dunno why, coordinates are all correct in the xml. More to do, but at least distance from home is now 0.
      same here, - i also am at home

Comment

Calculated distances can be up to twice values you get when directly using Bing maps
        Ah! The API provides values in km! Doh! Thought Microsoft was an American company.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 23 October 2019, 21:00.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tonight’s Breaking Bad: S5E14 Ozymandias (TV Episode 2013); S5E15 Granite State (TV Episode 2013); S5E16 Felina (TV Episode 2013); and so done

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Spent some time "pruning" the gooseberry bushes.
            Dare I look that up on urban dictionary?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              'cos there is as usual, absolutely feck all worth watching on freeview.
              I was stunned recently when it turned out there were 3 shows I wanted to watch on freeview - apprentice, doc martin and HIGNFY.

Most of the time its netflix for me.

I am not sure how long freeview channels will survive. Except BBC news....

Comment

Well if I am posting here it means I have not died in the night. Quite annoying really. Another day of total misery awaits.

I started on the anti-depressants in September. They will carry on until Feb.

This morning I upped the dose. Which will make things worse for a few weeks. Excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Well if I am posting here it means I have not died in the night. Quite annoying really. Another day of total misery awaits.

I started on the anti-depressants in September. They will carry on until Feb.

This morning I upped the dose. Which will make things worse for a few weeks. Excellent.
                  Chin up old chap. Hopefully you'll start to feel better soon.

Comment

Yesterday's osso buco was very, very nice indeed and washed down with a bottle of The Waxed Bat.

Two more episodes of Carnival Row watched and this week's GBBO. Two left to watch of the first series.

Arrived at the office while it was still dark. Low visibility warnings this morning, down to 1.6 km, but now the sun's up that's starting to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Tonight’s Breaking Bad: S5E14 Ozymandias (TV Episode 2013); S5E15 Granite State (TV Episode 2013); S5E16 Felina (TV Episode 2013); and so done

Goodnight all
                      Rewatched Felina this year, sometime, the reference is probably buried somewhere in TPD.

Dark. Dank. Grey. Drizzly. Dreadful.

Slightly warmer at 15.2 deg in here this morning.

Can't see the other side of the valley for mist, boyo, there's tidy then.

The view through the gap in the curtains is uniformly unappealing and depressing.

I suspect the amount of walking will be curtailed today, as will be the amount of gardening.

Something was tapping on the roof intermittently during the night which didn't exactly improve my sleep.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

This evening's televisual entertainment was "World War Weird" on "Yesterday", followed by "The BBT" on E4, followed by "Felina" on dvd.

It seems incredible that "Breaking Bad" ended 5 years ago.

I started rewatching it but that got interrupted by circumstance without so much pomp.
                      Rather longer ago than I thought.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 October 2019, 07:34.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X