• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    There seem to be a lot of versions: Das Boot - Different versions and home video - Wikipedia

And there’s a new one, intended as a sequel and based on a second book by the author of the original book (which was based on his own experiences): Das Boot (TV series) - Wikipedia
    Stone me it's almost as complicated as attempting to watch Fast & Furious in some sort of sensible order.

I shall examine the pile and find out which I have.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

[QUOTE=DoctorStrangelove;2692420
      Oh, and that tapping noise in the bedroom is back.

I think the house is falling down.[/QUOTE]

death watch beetle.

morning all

the lurgy's really kicking in now.

meh.

grey here, but no current precipitation.

shopping delivered and squared away.

no more Rum crisis, so plenty of toddy's to be had.
      did i mention the curative properties of toddy, at all?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Stone me it's almost as complicated as attempting to watch Fast & Furious in some sort of sensible order.

I shall examine the pile and find out which I have.
        a) "The Director's Cut": 200 minutes.

b) "the original uncut version digitally remastered": 4 hrs 42 mins: 282 mins.

Al is klar, verdammt!

Turns out a) is the "Superbit" release on two dvds.

b) is on two dvds too.

Home again home again, jiggety jig.

It's quite nasty out there today.

Happily the forecast 5" of rain hasn't arrived.

Yet.

Lunch today is baked beans on Morrisons pumpkin seed toast.

Rounded off with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I wonder why Glengettie is so named, since it was blended to suit Welsh water characteristics (or so it says on the label), whilst we're pretty short of glens around here, all in all.

Maybe Cwmgettie would have been tidier, like, boyo.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 October 2019, 10:53.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          death watch beetle.

morning all

the lurgy's really kicking in now.

meh.

grey here, but no current precipitation.

shopping delivered and squared away.

no more Rum crisis, so plenty of toddy's to be had.
          did i mention the curative properties of toddy, at all?

Hope the toddies work and you feel better soon!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Hope the toddies work and you feel better soon!
            Ta muchly

Comment

There's some feckwhit on the wireless whittering on about the cashless and cardless society.

Apparently we're going back to barter*.

That should feck up HMRC.

*this isn't what the whitterer was suggesting, rather it was aps for everything.

There's another chap relating how his PHI Critical Illness Policy doesn't cover a cardiac arrest though it does cover a heart attack.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 October 2019, 11:37.

Comment

Found a little waspy in my loft earler. Hope it's not going to make a nest, that would be a real moral dilemma for me. As I know from my last property, wasp nests are damaging, but not sure I could bring myself to be nasty to little waspies.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  There's some feckwhit on the wireless whittering on about the cashless and cardless society.

Apparently we're going back to barter*.

That should feck up HMRC.

*this isn't what the whitterer was suggesting, rather it was aps for everything.

There's another chap relating how his PHI Critical Illness Policy doesn't cover a cardiac arrest though it does cover a heart attack.
                  That's cos a cardiac arrest is a sudden event that usually kills you whereas a heart attack is usually the result of underlying disease and can be treated. I'm sure Mr Fitz will be along to provide some context in due course
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Found a little waspy in my loft earler. Hope it's not going to make a nest, that would be a real moral dilemma for me. As I know from my last property, wasp nests are damaging, but not sure I could bring myself to be nasty to little waspies.
                    If you spot it while it's still small you can remove it without harming them, with a jar and piece of card in the same way you would a spider.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

lunch has been 3 franks inna bun, with Lots of English mustard, just so i could taste it

Comment

Working...
                      X