• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    lunch has been 3 franks inna bun, with Lots of English mustard, just so i could taste it

Colemans. For when you really want to see a grown man cry like a baby. Accept no substitutes.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Found a little waspy in my loft earler. Hope it's not going to make a nest, that would be a real moral dilemma for me. As I know from my last property, wasp nests are damaging, but not sure I could bring myself to be nasty to little waspies.
      The queens will be looking for somewhere to hibernate over the winter.

Nest building starts in the spring as far as I know.

Queens are distinctly larger than the workers.

Odd that.

Yup:

Pest Control Advice - Wasps | Pest Control Advice - Wasps | Oxford City Council

I remember about 10 years ago that one queen came in, presumably through the ventilator for the gas fire & was very attracted to some fake flowers in a vase.

I had to put her outside a couple of times before she got the idea & fecked off somewhere else.

It was quite entertaining in its way.

I don't think the nest does any particular damage.

The Strangelove parents' house had a nest so large that it took two bin bags to get it out of the loft but no damage was evident.

That L.A. Beast chap is insane.

In other news, the monsoon has arrived, along with a semigale to ensure the rain is horizontal.

What it's like down in SA1 in the docks I really dread to think.

No wonder the Esteemed Customers don't attend.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 October 2019, 14:10.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Hope the toddies work and you feel better soon!
        WlmS

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          lunch has been 3 franks inna bun
          Three in one bun....?

Comment

Lunch has been sausages in soft white finger rolls; very nice, as always

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              That's cos a cardiac arrest is a sudden event that usually kills you whereas a heart attack is usually the result of underlying disease and can be treated. I'm sure Mr Fitz will be along to provide some context in due course
              Having spent between one and three days bimbling about as usual with each of my heart attacks on the assumption that “it’ll feel better soon”, I can confirm that they aren’t necessarily sudden events and don’t necessarily cause cardiac arrest

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Having spent between one and three days bimbling about as usual with each of my heart attacks on the assumption that “it’ll feel better soon”, I can confirm that they aren’t necessarily sudden events and don’t necessarily cause cardiac arrest
                ZenChury.

The insurance company has since changed the terms & conditions so that cardiac arrest is covered as well as heart attack.

I should either be up the loft installing a bit of satellite cable or I should be down the garden with a big feck off bonfire to get rid of some more tulipe.

The trip down the dump got rid of a carful of garden waste, some jam jars, some tins, and some paper.

Oddly enough, the dump is Very Quiet today.

Though it wasn't pissing down with a vengeance whilst I was there.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 October 2019, 14:15.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Although we had some rain, the worst of the earlier batch seems to have sort of curled round and past us, as often seems to happen. There’s currently a hiatus, so I took the opportunity to amble down the road to Wilko’s and the Co-op to get a couple of things I forgot when shopping last night

More and heavier rain due shortly, so they forecast. We’ll see

Comment

If you spot it while it's still small you can remove it without harming them, with a jar and piece of card in the same way you would a spider
                    Unfortunately the loft is not navigable, no flooring and deep in insulation stuff.

I don't think the nest does any particular damage

The huge nest we had in the last house was making the rafters all damp.

When nests begin they are little round things that look just like Christmas tree baubles.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 25 October 2019, 15:54.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

HWMBO goes home tomorrow and I'll be off to a hen party in St Leonard's on Sea so he's arranged a date night. Off to Mayfair for drinks and then a lovely dinner. I have no idea where he's booked, it's all a lovely surprise.

Comment

Working...
                      X