• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch today was some tempura prawns with sweet chilli sauce I picked up from M&S the other day. Some sauce has ended up on my jumper.

I managed to get a Waitrose order in before the 15% off Roku gin offer ended - I got bored of walking up the road to find the shelves empty. Gave me a good excuse to pick up the Fever Tree advent calendar which contains a gin and tonic for each day. 5cl of gin and a 150ml matched tonic. That was the min spend dealt with so I chucked in some token veg to pretend I'm not really an alcoholic.

Comment

Not sure if get any trick or treaters tonight but bought some chocolates just in case. Ones I like so I can eat em if no kids turn up.

Why just kids? Why can't us old farts go round knocking on doors asking for treats? Bloody age discrimination!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Episode 2 of Castles: Britain's Fortified History is proving very interesting. All about King Edward I and his fortification of Wales in a bid to keep them Welsh under control. Found out why the first born of the Monarch is always awarded the title 'Prince of Wales' too. No wonder the Welsh are pissed off, I thought it was cos they have tulip weather...

EDIT: oh now it's onto King Eddie's attempt at doing the same in Scotland but he didn't have the cash for quite the same scale of castle building to keep the locals downtrodden
        Last edited by ladymuck; 31 October 2019, 18:45.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Not sure if get any trick or treaters tonight but bought some chocolates just in case. Ones I like so I can eat em if no kids turn up.

Why just kids? Why can't us old farts go round knocking on doors asking for treats? Bloody age discrimination!
          We never get any kids trick or treating here; one advantage of living on a busy main road with a narrow pavement, I assume

Comment

We never get any kids trick or treating here; one advantage of living on a busy main road with a narrow pavement, I assume
            I don't often get any. One advantage of being a creepy old bloke who looks like Jimmy Saville I assume.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I've switched on the minefield in the drive just in case, like.

Tea this evening was chili con carne with rice.

It was nice enough.

No rice pud since even I'm not that keen on rice.

Followed by the compulsory 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Once I've had a nice cold shower it'll be time for an ep of Angel & BTVS* or two.

*The One with Veruca.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 October 2019, 19:02.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

For tea tonight: ribeye steak, fried onion, chips, and beans

The recycling bin has been trundled forth. Getting chilly out there, and rain is forecast for later, but it’s still dry at the moment. Cloudy though.

Comment

Oh, and I finished the Lehman Brothers programme. Spoiler alert: the bad rich guys get to keep all their money and carry on being bad

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Oh, and I finished the Lehman Brothers programme. Spoiler alert: the bad rich guys get to keep all their money and carry on being bad
                    that'll make a change then, eh?

dinner was italian out tonight.
                    very nice indeed.

perhaps too much of the bottomless grappa offered, but hey, one only lives once.

this is NOT a rehearsal.
                    this is THE GIG.

<tomorrow i'l regret this, probably>

Comment

Rain’s arrived. Makes a change from those open skies letting the stars in and the heat out, I suppose

After the Lehman Brothers thing, more of I, Claudius. I remember when it was first on the box back in 1976; certain other boys (you know the kind) could be seen around the school ostentatiously carrying copies of Robert Graves’ book in the Penguin edition with the tie-in cover. You could tell those who actually read and appreciated it, because a while later they could be seen with the second book, Claudius the God, whereas those who were just showing off didn’t bother

I didn’t watch the series or read the books, because even then I was highly suspicious of anything that seemed popular with the masses, on the grounds that such popularity is usually indicative of rubbish (see those modern programmes involving Simon Cowell, for example). I was wrong in this case, but better to be safe than sorry, and I was able to catch up thirty-odd years later so no harm done

Anyway: I see IMDb wants to have its cake and eat it, by showing the double-length episode 1 as being 1h 38m long, but also listing its second part as a separate episode, which I failed to link to last night because I hadn’t seen through their tawdry game then. So last night includes Family Affairs (TV Episode 1976), and tonight’s episodes were Waiting in the Wings (TV Episode 1976) and What Shall We Do About Claudius? (TV Episode 1976).

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X