• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The only thing I gain from staying down there is the conference party on the Friday night. That involves drinking bottled beer I don’t like very much in a bar on the beach while exchanging inconsequential conversation with people I don’t know and never remember. (Sometimes there’s someone I know, usually from having worked with them, but I’ve never got any paying work out of it.) And then I set off as early as possible on the Saturday to try to avoid the midday traffic on the motorways.

So I’m now thinking I might change my hotel booking to just the Thursday night, and repeat my rapid dash home of a decade ago, though this time it’ll just be to get home as there’s no good pubs left to go to in this benighted city
    I finally decided: just changed my hotel booking to one night, and I’ll drive home straight after the conference

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Interview this afternoon

Those Gel packs won't pick themselves up!

Good luck
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Friday pie day in the canteen. I had chicken, leek and sweetcorn pie with roasted carrots and some cabbage. Lashings of gravy on top.

They do fush and chups too but I wasn't in the mood for that. Was heartened to see some lad with his plate of fish, chips and mushy peas going round to the pie station to add a liberal helping of gravy to his repast

Comment

tonight's dinner will also be pie.
          steak and kidney <pukka>.
          probably with chips and peas.

and HP sauce, of course.
          even if the latter allows a certain surrey snob of a talentless mod to equate me with a soupy halfwit in another thread.

Comment

I can’t decide what to have for tea

Better than not having any choice, I suppose, but I’m easily confused and there’s probably about eight or nine things to choose from even though I’m just doing something quick out of the freezer

Or I could really go to town and start cooking - except there’s no room in the freezer for the leftovers

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              tonight's dinner will also be pie.
              steak and kidney <pukka>.
              probably with chips and peas.

and HP sauce, of course.
              even if the latter allows a certain surrey snob of a talentless mod to equate me with a soupy halfwit in another thread.
              and so it came to pass.
              very nice it was, too.
              with a nice rioja.

Comment

Wondering whether to go to the local a bit later, it's a halloween night with prize for best costume. Not done a costume but probably stand a fair chance of winning if I go as I am.

Was browsing some local walking groups earlier and one walk looked interesting. Then looked at home page and its for "gay, bisexual and trans men". Thought it would only be my feet that might get sore.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I can’t decide what to have for tea

Better than not having any choice, I suppose, but I’m easily confused and there’s probably about eight or nine things to choose from even though I’m just doing something quick out of the freezer

Or I could really go to town and start cooking - except there’s no room in the freezer for the leftovers
                  Problem solved! There were a couple of small slices of roast gammon at the back of the freezer, left over from a joint I roasted some time ago, that needed to be used; not enough for a meal, though. So refried gammon, sausages, chips, beans, and a fried egg it was

Comment

Tea this evening was M&S chunky battered haddock.

It was nice since I didn't overcook it this time.

Followed by some of that microwave rice pudding I seem to create now & again, with the obligatory 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Yum.

The evening's entertainment began with BTVS "Pangs", being a crossover ep, continuing with the Angel crossover ep that follow it.

Some of these eps are really funny, however the evening's concluding Angel ep was a bit of a downer.

According to a commentary on one of the BTVS eps, the writer took inspiration from all the sarcastic petty minded professors from his college days in writing some of the dialogue.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

This evening's entertainment was provided by my local Curzon cinema in the form of Terminator: Dark Fate (2019) - IMDb

The film was exactly as I expected of the the Terminator franchise. Had some funny bits in it, although I didn't find it quite as guffawingly funny as the guy in the row in front of me. You could say it's a reboot and there is potential for many more with a new cast once Sarah Connor gets killed off.

Saw trailers for The Report (2019) - IMDb and The Irishman (2019) - IMDb which are out next week and hopefully I'll get to see them.

Comment

Working...
                      X