• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verbal offer accepted - subject to security and paperwork, I start next week!
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Looking for a replacement microwave. Seems there's a brand called Smeg. Supposed to be another Red Dwarf series in the making.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Comment

Pâté on toast (white) for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Like buying a white cabbage & going for a nice walk IN THE SUNSHINE.
              White cabbage purchased along with some eggs.

However stocks of M&S breaded or battered chunky haddock were completely depleted so M&S battered cod had to do instead.

The stagger up to the viewless point was undertaken, though I nearly fell on my arse whilst clambering back down again..

It's now completely grey and looking very much as if it's about to rain.

Lunch was the poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons pumpkin seed toast.

It was very nice.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Looking for a replacement microwave. Seems there's a brand called Smeg. Supposed to be another Red Dwarf series in the making.
              I buy the brand known as "Tesco".

The simple one with two dials because I've reached the stage.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 November 2019, 13:06.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Casual observation suggests that women are more likely than men to make a slight detour to cross the road at the pedestrian crossing then walk back in the same direction they came from on the other side, rather than trying to run across the road through a gap in the traffic twenty yards or so from said crossing

Anyway, I should stop gazing out of the window and get some stuff done

They’ve all got their big coats on out there today.

Comment

Meanwhile in Oxford, Indiana: After 8-foot python strangles woman in sheriff's 'snake house,' Oxford wants regulations

Comment

I decided to make a special Sainsbury’s run, as there were a few small bits I could do with, and I won’t get them on Friday as I’ll be down south for a conference. So with what I just got, I should be OK to miss any further shopping this week

Odd business when I got back, though. As I was about to reverse in next to the Super Monkey Car, I spotted a bicycle wheel poking out slightly from behind it. Further investigation revealed that this was attached to a whole bicycle, which had been stuffed into the narrow gap between the car and the fence where it was largely concealed by the overhanging branches of the buddleia that I’m planning to cut back when we get some reasonable weather.

Hoiking it out, it turned out to be an unbranded racer, all silver as to the frame. Decent tyres (red tread, black walls) are pumped up and brakes and gears seem operative, but the chain is broken.

It could be that somebody, having broken their chain, looked for somewhere to stash it safely. Bu they’ve gone to an awful lot of trouble; it’s well off the beaten track out there, and behind the SMC isn’t an obvious place to store something even if you know the area. And if it was one of the neighbours, they could stick it in their own back yard or inside their premises.

All very odd

The police don’t care, of course; when they failed to get me off the 101 line with verbal shrugs, they logged it just to get rid of me, but I doubt anything will come of it unless perhaps Matt, the local beat bobby, spots the report and pops round just as a courtesy to a Neighbourhood Watch member

Anyway, I’m not cramming it back in there and risking damaging the car. It’s now leaning against the outer wall of one of the derelict concrete garages. If they want it back, they can collect it from there

Comment

Preparations made for the Strangelove bonfire.

Plenty of vanities to go up in smoke today, including a fair amount from next door that I rather over generously cleared out of various overflowing bins when they were away in France.

Strangelove sis can't bring herself to look inside because it might force her to do something about it and if they next door want to live in something that resembles the tulipe loaded council houses up on Townhill* then it's up to them.

*In what now seems like another life I used to fix tellys up on Townhill.

It must be said that council houses in Caerau were even worse.

I've seen my share of sticky carpets.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X