• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Exciting washing is where you lose a sock.
    That's the kind of excitement I can live without!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      That's the kind of excitement I can live without!
      I think you have the right kind of excitement. "Cheese" shops. Just make sure you bring home no "Cheese".....

Comment

Paperwork hasn’t arrived yet for new job.
        Multiple phone calls going on though.

On the flip side, I’ve now had 3 agents (who I know) contact me about another role, which was initially “3 months at a very good rate, fully expensed, with a possible 3 month extension” to the latest agent offering it to me as “6 months tax free, probably up to 2 years”
        There’s maybe half a dozen of us in Europe that can do this role well. The one who was first offered it turned it down because they sat on his CV for 2 months and he got a contract elsewhere. The next one is at a client I got him in to while I was in another contract. The next is in a contract at the client I’m about to join.
        The last two are semi-retired and will only work for their past clients on small jobs.

...and when people talk about knowing the market and knowing your competition, that’s what I know.

(There are other fly-by-nights who have maybe 6-12 months experience, or have worked on outsourced support desks, but they rarely get interviews)
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I think you have the right kind of excitement. "Cheese" shops. Just make sure you bring home no "Cheese".....
          I'm a good girl! <cough>

Fenugreek in cheese is really quite nice, so I've recently discovered.

HWMBO has gone off to earn a living and I'm now plotting my tour of s'Hertogenbosch from the warmth of a coffee shop. The fella is jealous about me going to the Jheronimous Bosch art gallery because there's always something fun about a totally bonkers medieval artist.

We've decided to have an early dinner here, so I have been tasked with finding a Dutch restaurant. Then we'll get the train back to Amsterdam and go for a few drinks.

Comment

I'm a good girl! <cough>

Fenugreek in cheese is really quite nice, so I've recently discovered.

HWMBO has gone off to earn a living and I'm now plotting my tour of s'Hertogenbosch from the warmth of a coffee shop. The fella is jealous about me going to the Jheronimous Bosch art gallery because there's always something fun about a totally bonkers medieval artist.

We've decided to have an early dinner here, so I have been tasked with finding a Dutch restaurant. Then we'll get the train back to Amsterdam and go for a few drinks.
            heh, good luck with that.
            i hope you like bland, tasteless meatballs and cabbage. or rookwurst and mashed spud.
            i'd go indonesian.

Comment

I'm a good girl! <cough>
              HWMBO disagrees. Not that he would say it to your face....

Comment

Lunch(Well Brunch) was greek platter and grapes.

Now enjoying a nice cup of tea.

Comment

Waitrose wine delivery has arrived.

A few phone calls from agent and client and they are working on a solution (someone in HR got involved and wants to delay the start so she gets her annual bonus for saving the company money)

Might not be un-retired quite yet
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    In with the hoi polloi

Mundane washings in WM1 and WM2.

As if there's ever any washings that aren't mundane but there you goest.

Since it's sunny I decided to wash the bedding as well so it can dry on the line before greeting the TD later.

The sheer unadulterated excitement of my pointless retired life is beyond belief.
                    Bedsheets on line, cottons in TD.

Shirts out of WM1 and denim & coloureds in instead.

The cottons seem to be taking an age today.

It reckoned it was 54 minutes before I went for my walk, when I came back it reckoned it was 1 hour 22.

Waiting to put the shirts in there next.

<brief interstitial hiatus>

Cottons out, shirts in.

I don't suppose the sheets are much drier than when I put them out.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 November 2019, 13:15.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      It reckoned it was 54 minutes before I went for my walk, when I came back it reckoned it was 1 hour 22.
                      I have seen similar with my washing machine. towards the end of the wash. It sometimes reports how much is left in part of the wash(a cycle?), not the whole wash. Which is highly annoying.

Comment

Working...
                      X