• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      In the Chinese
      Very nice as always

Sufficiently rainy and cold out that I used the hood on my coat, which I never do

And when I got to the Chinese, there were two - TWO! - other customers waiting in there! For separate orders! That also almost never happens

The bloke waiting was one of those people who chats to strangers in takeaways, too, so I ended up having a conversation about the rain and so forth instead of sitting there peacefully watching the fish and listening to reasons why they weren’t busy, which they were

Comment

The bloke waiting was one of those people who chats to strangers in takeaways, too, so I ended up having a conversation about the rain and so forth instead of sitting there peacefully watching the fish and listening to reasons why they weren’t busy, which they were
        It's always disturbing when that happens.

The evening's entertainment, unsurprisingly, consisted of BTVS S5 E3 & 4, with Angel S2 E3 & 4, with a bit of a step backwards to listen to the commentaries on E2.

Amusing enough in a vaguely strange sort of way.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight’s viewing started with Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000), which is a bit like The Matrix without the robots and in Mandarin. Unlike The Matrix, though, I found it a bit slow, and the fighting scenes looked rather ridiculous because whereas the Matrix people can leap in the air because it’s all magic a simulation of reality, this was supposed to be real; and furthermore, you can literally see when they get pulled up or lowered down by wires. There’s something of an uncanny valley moment when they switch postures between being pulled/lowered and moving by themselves, it seemed to me. Anyway, I managed an hour of it (about halfway) before I gave up on it; I may watch the rest at some point

I turned instead to a rewatch of Mission: Impossible - Fallout (2018), partly to finish my rewatch of the series, and partly because at least Tom Cruise knows how to make it look like he isn’t dangling on wires even when you know he is

And after that a further three episodes of The Wire (BTW I also watched a few episodes after the pub last week but failed to record them here): One Arrest (TV Episode 2002), Lessons (TV Episode 2002), and Game Day (TV Episode 2002).

Goodnight all

Comment

Prove it’s yours and you can come and collect it

You might know: are the fancy-looking tyres it has, with red treads and black walls, expensive? I suspect they aren’t; they’re called Wanda King and Googling for that seems to lead straight to Alibaba, the cheap-crap-from-China site. But they look quite distinctive to one like me who doesn’t pay much attention to bicycle tyres.
            Does it have several chips from bullets?

My tyres are puncture proof. Well puncture resistant. You really need those in London.

Comment

Off to Liverpool today. With DD to help on Georgraphy A- level. Project on re-branding of Liverpool.

Comment

The best bit about rememberance Sunday. No political campaigning....

Comment

I have been fishing a bit in general. Will I catch anything?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I have been fishing a bit in general. Will I catch anything?
                    Syphilis?

Morning.

CBS.

Sunny.

Not visibly frosty.

14.7 in here.

Off out for my walk shortly.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

cbs in sunny sarf herts

Comment