• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Off out for my walk shortly.
    And back in time to watch the march past.

The MAMILs out in force.

Lamb it is aroasting.

Rice pud it is acooking.

The bol is asimmering.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

After a weekend in Amsterdam, I do not want to see another cyclist or bike for a long time.

Comment

Afternoon all Clear blue skies and sunny here. The Wife (tm) has asked me 3 times if I’m going for a long walk to a pub this afternoon. I said no the first two, but I’ve now realised she wants me to go for a long walk. I must do as she asks!
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          The best bit about rememberance Sunday. No political campaigning....
          Apart from the passive-aggressive posts on FB, etc about how if you don’t share certain things then you don’t support the remembrance of fallen soldiers.

It’s very sad that the country is so divided.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I do not want to see another cyclist or bike for a long time.
            I know the feeling.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny and Simpsonesque out there today

Not as cold as yesterday either at a balmy 8°C out there, holding at ~16° in here

Comment

I was going to make chicken and barley soup, but I haven’t got enough barley. So now I’m devising a recipe for chicken and lentil soup, or maybe stew.

Comment

Sat in row 1 on my flight home with my bag back in row 3. I wasn't even late boarding!

Whilst I had a lovely weekend and always enjoy a holiday, I am always pleased to head home and enjoy my own bed again.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Sat in row 1 on my flight home with my bag back in row 3. I wasn't even late boarding!

Whilst I had a lovely weekend and always enjoy a holiday, I am always pleased to head home and enjoy my own bed again.
                    East, west, home’s best

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I was going to make chicken and barley soup, but I haven’t got enough barley. So now I’m devising a recipe for chicken and lentil soup, or maybe stew.
                      <pffffft>

<- put that light out or you'll kill us all.

The roast lamb for lunch was nice enough.

Overcooked & spoiled (or did something odd with the quantities) the rice pud, though it was edible if you like it that way.

Ate a third, put the rest in the fridge for later.

Tea this evening was spag bol, this batch being augmented with a fair amount of paprika and chili powder plus chopped garlic.

It was much better than that mediocre crap I had last time.

5 portions now freezing down in the freezer.

All being rounded off with a chunk of cold rice pudding and 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

In other news, the fireworks are going off again across the valley, boyo, there's tidy then.

The Oak Island nutjobs are on again at 21:00 on Blaze.

I wonder what inconsequential crap they'll find this week.

My prediction is: more wood.

And a rusty nail or two from the cove.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X