• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second washing load in the machine. Happiness is an empty washing basket.

Currently watching a thing about the Bauhaus art school presented by Vic Reeves with some students from Central Saint Martins. Very interesting how what you think is a load of toss has a profound basis in utter nonsense (and actually some sound principles)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Second washing load in the machine. Happiness is an empty washing basket.
      A friend (with 4 children) once said "When I have an empty laundry basket, I see the kids going round in clothes and get resentfu there is more washing to come"!

How she ever got to the end of the laundry with 4 children is impressive.

Comment

While I was tending to the final stages of the soup, I became aware of people moving around out the back and coming in and out of our yard with torches, and occasionally triggering the motion-sensitive security light in the doctor’s yard that looks over the fence with ours, along with loud talking.

So being a nosy bugger I popped down there to see what was going on, and found some coppers. “Something going on?” I asked. “Yes, but we’re asking people if they can stay inside while we talk to the chap on the roof” a policewoman says politely. And sure enough, there’s a chap up on the roof, hanging on to one of the chimneystacks

I’m not sure how he got up there; these houses are bloody high. And I think it might be the guy from the ground floor back, but I’m not certain; it’s very dark round there

Never a dull moment round here

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          While I was tending to the final stages of the soup, I became aware of people moving around out the back and coming in and out of our yard with torches, and occasionally triggering the motion-sensitive security light in the doctor’s yard that looks over the fence with ours, along with loud talking.

So being a nosy bugger I popped down there to see what was going on, and found some coppers. “Something going on?” I asked. “Yes, but we’re asking people if they can stay inside while we talk to the chap on the roof” a policewoman says politely. And sure enough, there’s a chap up on the roof, hanging on to one of the chimneystacks

I’m not sure how he got up there; these houses are bloody high. And I think it might be the guy from the ground floor back, but I’m not certain; it’s very dark round there

Never a dull moment round here
          maybe his tv arial's borked ??

i was on a <flat> roof once because of that, and the polis and fire brigade arrived, just as i'd finished securing said arial to the chimney thing and was on my way back indoors.
          bloody nosey neighbours

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            A friend (with 4 children) once said "When I have an empty laundry basket, I see the kids going round in clothes and get resentfu there is more washing to come"!

How she ever got to the end of the laundry with 4 children is impressive.
            My basket is never empty for long either. The clothes I'm currently wearing will soon end up in it

Comment

The soup turned out very nice, with the usual mix of toast

I did the usual thing of wrapping the carcass in muslin to keep the little bones together, then pressure cooked for about forty minutes with carrots, onions, and celery. Then I blended the veg and discarded the bones, and chucked in the lentils, chopped chicken, a few good dollops of tomato concentrate, and a bit of curry powder to give it a little zing. Another twenty-five minutes pressure cooking, and it turned out just right for a cold night

And as I was finishing eating, the bloke came down from the roof and has now been carted off in handcuffs

I went down to make sure the police had shut the gate behind them (they hadn’t) and ran into a chap from next door who had the details. It seems the bloke had attempted to burgle a flat round on the further side road from here, but either they were home or they came back and disturbed him. So he ran out the back of their place and round to the back here, with them in hot pursuit.

Next door’s back gate was open so he ran in there, but there wasn’t any way there he could get away, so he came over the wall into our back yard, then over into the doctor’s yard, and bolted up the fire escape, which then led him back across the flat above mine and on to the roof. Quite why he thought that was a good place to go I don’t know, but he doesn’t seem like the sharpest tool in the box to start with

So the police have had to talk to him until he finally decided to come down, because there clearly wasn’t anywhere else for him to go

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Try WTFH singing. That is alot more pints than that. Enough to give Oliver Reed, George Best, Alex Higgins and Paul Gascoigne fatal blood poisioning....

Oi!
                1: You’ve never heard me sing
                2: Oliver Reed used to drink in a couple of my locals
                3: Unlike Oliver, I have (not yet) been barred from a local for climbing up the outside chimney claiming to be Santa.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  So the police have had to talk to him until he finally decided to come down, because there clearly wasn’t anywhere else for him to go
                  Didn't start ripping tiles/slates off & flinging said missiles at the plod?

That's the usual approach.

The evening's epic has been BTVS S5 E5 & 6 wherein we meet the S5 big bad, and Angel S2 E5 & 6 where nothing stunningly earth shattering transpired.

In other news Vaz isn't standing for reelection.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Didn't start ripping tiles/slates off & flinging said missiles at the plod?

That's the usual approach.

No, he was quite restrained in that respect, though he was clinging to a chimneystack and the roof is pretty steep, so he might have struggled to get any slates loose without just falling off

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    In other news Vaz isn't standing for reelection.
                    I think even the good people of Leicester East would have struggled to cut him some slack this time

Tonight’s viewing has been a further episode of I, Claudius, in which Messalina starts to show her true colours: Fool's Luck (TV Episode 1976). She was a right one, that Messalina

Rain has arrived, and will apparently continue through the night into tomorrow morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning All...

Still dark in Manchester but even when it gets light I fear it will be wet and grey....

Happy Mondays!

It got light and it is wet but there seems to be some blue instead of being all grey.
                      Last edited by original PM; 11 November 2019, 08:48.

Comment

Working...
                      X