• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damp out but not yet actively raining, much is forecast. Chilly. Sun just about up and there's much cloud cover.

Checked in with a Yorkshire based friend to make sure her mum was ok after all the flooding. Fortunately not affected.

Comment

Morning

CBS in chilly sarf herts

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I think even the good people of Leicester East would have struggled to cut him some slack this time
        But, but, I thought things went better with Coke?

Morning all

Currently sunny and dry with a simpsonsesque sort of sky (or rather the slice of sky visible through the gap in the curtains is like that).

Curious dreams for much of the night about semiotics.

Worried now.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Back last Wednesday after a couple of weeks cruising around the Med.

Moved house Friday.

Spend the weekend unpacking boxes and wondering how we ended up with so much crap.

WTF happened to the weather?
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey damp day out there, with the rain just starting to tail off

Not very warm either at 6°C, and only a bit better in here at 15.6°

Comment

Morning all

Blue skies and sunshine here. Pleasant walk earlier, now trying to decide if I go back to making cheese boards with some old oak shelves, or think of something else to pass the time.

The boards would be easier to do if I had a 75mm sanding disk that I could attach to a drill. Not sure if such things exist. Maybe I shall spend the next hour trying to find one online...
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Not very warm either at 6°C, and only a bit better in here at 15.6°
                Both my in/out thermometers are delegated to monitoring the fridges.

Though there is another one I could hoik the sensor out through a window in the unlikely event I could access that window, it being in what used to be the "office" in the front room.

I'm not sure when those windows were opened last, it must be at least 10 years ago, and probably more.

Maybe I won't bother.

Glad to see that the infernal heat has finally left the Monkey flat.

In with the hoi polloi.

There's a chap on the other side of the room speaking in the language of heaven.

On which happy note it's time to offbugger while the sun still shines.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

There's a chap on the other side of the room speaking in the language of heaven.
                  whit? - Glaswegian?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Oi!
                    1: You’ve never heard me sing
                    Thank God.

But I met someone who had heard you sing. At the hospital, getting their ears attended to....

Comment

Back in the smoke.

Comment

Working...
                      X