• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Both my in/out thermometers are delegated to monitoring the fridges.

Though there is another one I could hoik the sensor out through a window in the unlikely event I could access that window, it being in what used to be the "office" in the front room.
        I have thermometers in the bedroom and the living room, but the external temperature is whatever’s being reported by the weather app on my watch

Glad to see that the infernal heat has finally left the Monkey flat.
        Indeed

I noticed the other day that whereas about 22° in the living room seemed acceptably or even a little too warm, I now find 20° to be so. I suppose I’ll end up thinking “That’s nice and cosy!” when it’s 12° in here before the winter’s out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I noticed the other day that whereas about 22° in the living room seemed acceptably or even a little too warm, I now find 20° to be so. I suppose I’ll end up thinking “That’s nice and cosy!” when it’s 12° in here before the winter’s out
          I usually wait until it reaches 14 but since I'm in here all the time, I succumbed to turning on some heat when it reached 16.

The morning walk was accomplished without any undue precipitation, though it did think about it for while.

Since I returned ennervated, it's pissed down for 10 minutes or so.

Lunch was poached tomato and scrambled egg (non leathery) on Morrisons pumpkin seed multiseed toast (the extra thick & good honest value crust).

Rounded off as ever by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The afternoon's endeavours will include a trip down the dump with 4 bags of garden waste, some bits of metal, the plastics collection, and a few odds & sods of paper.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Couple of freshly-baked homemade sausage rolls for lunch

Comment

The afternoon's endeavours will include a trip down the dump with 4 bags of garden waste, some bits of metal, the plastics collection, and a few odds & sods of paper.
              Done & dusted.

I still can't reverse that fecking car for toffee.

Observed in the scrap metal skip: set of cutlery of the sort that I'm still using, it being Sheffield, EPNS, etc.

Probably from a house clearance.

It's amazing the things that people throw away.

Shedload of ancient kid's books went in the paper recycling as I deposited my collection of leaflets and other crap.

14.6 deg in here now, so the fan heater just went on.

On the way back, it rained quite a lot, which led to a lovely rainbow as I travelled up the valley, travelling back down again was problematic with the sun shining off the wet road practically blinded me.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 November 2019, 15:38.

Comment

The surplus chicken & lentil soup from yesterday turns out to be enough for three good-sized bowlfuls. Now divvied up and stashed in the freezer

This means the freezer is no longer able to accept any further deposits of soups, stews, curries, or casseroles until some of the existing stocks have been used up

Comment

This is the perennial situation with freezers and fridges.

I've never got lower than about 6 inches deep in the chest freezer.

Feck alone nose exactly wot's in there, left to me by the late Strangelove Mater.

There's bound to be gooseberries and raspberries, and cooked apple, the one 2 litre tub of cooked apple is enough to feed me for a month at a chunk a day or so, with custard.

However, how do you cut chunks off a solid block of frozen apple?

Tea this evening proved to be further amounts of that rather pleasant roast lamb from yesterday.

It was nice enough.

Rounded off with the 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea as is only right & proper, like.

In other news, the heating is on, which is making it rather warm in here at the moment.

I need to adjust the radiators but oddly enough I a) can't be arsed and b) can't get at the valves on most of them. .

I bet the one in the bathroom is full of air again.

In other other news, the first ep of the Oak Island nutjobbery revealed Yet Another Theory about the Knights Templar and the cross made up from boulders.

Sadly since they do't know where the money pit actually was because it's been dug up for 2 centuries, the info ain't much use.

In onther other other news of the OI nutjobbery the lead cross found in Smith's Cove has been isotopically traced to lead mines in a region of southern France, wait for it, wait for it, close to where the Knights Templar were located back in the day.

In other other other other news, the latest borehole turned up clay, sand, and granite, and it would appear that the sonar turned up what was probably a subglacial stream or river.

In other other other other other news, the very expensive piling in Smith's Cove springs a leak in the next ep.

Comment

The chestnut trees are almost leafless now, meaning I have a better view of the shops over the road. The Polish café still seems to be doing well, though in the cold weather its windows steam up so it’s hard to see how busy it is

Comment

However, how do you cut chunks off a solid block of frozen apple?
                      A bandsaw might do it?

Comment

Working...
                      X