• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Bit chilly out. Apparently it rained around lunchtime.
    Dashed chilly here too, though if the source of data on which my watch relies is to be trusted, it’s doing that thing of getting marginally warmer as it gets dark: up from 6° early to 7° now

And it’s rained once or twice, though not at any great length or in any great quantity.

Comment

Tea this evening was M&S breaded haddock (chunky).

Which was nice enough.

Now being rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The evening's entertainment is expected to be BTVS and Angel for a change.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I made a fresh batch of chips for freezing this afternoon, as there weren’t going to be enough for my tea otherwise. I’m using some Norfolk spuds at the moment, the first I’ve had from there (via Sainsbury’s) this season. They’re very good; they seem to have a particularly low sugar content, so they can be cooked to a high degree of crispiness (in stage 3) and still be no more than a golden yellow colour

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I made a fresh batch of chips for freezing this afternoon, as there weren’t going to be enough for my tea otherwise. I’m using some Norfolk spuds at the moment, the first I’ve had from there (via Sainsbury’s) this season. They’re very good; they seem to have a particularly low sugar content, so they can be cooked to a high degree of crispiness (in stage 3) and still be no more than a golden yellow colour
          Had the most crispy of crispy chips in Amsterdam. Pale coloured too. HWMBO was close to asking about their potato and fat choices. He likes a triple cooked chip or two.

I thought you said the freezer was full?

Comment

i thought that, too

dinner has been more of the malay lamb curry.
            all the better for its brief sojourn in the freezer.

watching rick stein in Alsace.
            used to ride around there on weekends when i lived in Basel.
            <on a proper bike, with a one litre v-twin engine, before BP says anything>

great place, and people.

nostalgia ain't wot it used to be

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Had the most crispy of crispy chips in Amsterdam. Pale coloured too. HWMBO was close to asking about their potato and fat choices. He likes a triple cooked chip or two.

I thought you said the freezer was full?
              Can always cram a few chips in

Anyway, it’s the soups/casseroles region that’s at capacity. There’s some space in the bread area, and a bit among the raw meat and fish. Not much in the area where non-raw-animal things like chips and peas and Yorkshire puds and herbs and cooked meats go, but the bread was happy to shift over a little.

Tea tonight has been ribeye steak, with fried onion, chips (fresh today!), and beans. Well nice

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                watching rick stein in Alsace.
                used to ride around there on weekends when i lived in Basel.
                <on a proper bike, with a one litre v-twin engine, before BP says anything>

great place, and people.

nostalgia ain't wot it used to be

A friend of mine’s mother is originally from Alsace. She doesn’t like being reminded that when she was a schoolgirl, she got upset because her mother wouldn’t let her join the Jungmädelbund

Comment

oh, and Jura wine.
                  mmmmm.

used to ride around there too, sometimes, and the schwarzwald.

great location Basel has.
                  shame the inhabitants are too anal to appreciate it.
                  bit like Edinburgh in that respect.

Comment

BTVS S5 E8 & 9, Angel S2 E8 & 9.

Wherein Buffy's mum gets sick and a resurrected Darla gets sired again.

Now watching Dr Pimplepopper.

Woman with a "lipoma" at the top of the crack in her buttocks.

Chap with a tit on his hip, this really was a big feckoff lipoma.

Now a woman with stretched earlobes which goes to show what a dumb thing those really are.

Oh feck, this is "fun".

She can hear the scalpel cutting.

Feck me, that's nastier than the pimple popping.

Nice job.

The butt lady is back: she's got spinal dysraphism.

Spinal Dysraphism – The Spine Hospital at The Neurological Institute of New York

This is Not Good News.

Fecking hell.

I'm not sure I'd have had that done.

Looks much better than it did and she can still stand up and walk.

The lady's earlobes look wonderful, and the guy's hip is titless.

Now the spinal woman is consulting a neurosurgeon.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 November 2019, 22:57.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

More BBC drama tonight, this time from the 1980s: Edge of Darkness, which I bought several years ago but hadn’t got around to yet. Compassionate Leave (TV Episode 1985) and Into the Shadows (TV Episode 1985) were the first two episodes; pretty good stuff so far.

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X