• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Rainy day. Not your showers, or your drizzle, but proper rain falling unremittingly from a uniformly grey sky

Bit chilly too: 7°C out there, and for some reason down to 15.7° in here

Comment

In with the hoi polloi

I've got to go before I start killing people.

The sighing man, the sniffer, the twat with the telephone, the flatulent one.

The fecking woman and her son who won't shut the feck up.

I'd kill 'em all.

Slowly.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all.

Decided to have a lie in this morning so only just got into Manchester.

It's novel not doing the drive in the dark.

Its slightly overcast with some blue sky showing

It's not overly cold but not overly warm.

Meh soon be the weekend.

Comment

Morning all

Cold, wet, grey, pissing rain.

WFH today,

Dog keeps asking to go out, sticking her head out of the door and coming back in at a rate of knots.

Back garden in the new house is very overgrown, got two guys in to cut it all back and prune the trees etc. Currently out there in the wind and cold and wet working their arses off. I'd feel guilty being inside in the warm but then I remember how much I'm paying them to do it.

So far we have found 2 pears trees, 2 apple trees (one eating, one crab) and a plum tree. All of which appear to have fruited well. Bodes well for next year.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Morning all

Cold, wet, grey, pissing rain.

WFH today,

Dog keeps asking to go out, sticking her head out of the door and coming back in at a rate of knots.

Back garden in the new house is very overgrown, got two guys in to cut it all back and prune the trees etc. Currently out there in the wind and cold and wet working their arses off. I'd feel guilty being inside in the warm but then I remember how much I'm paying them to do it.

So far we have found 2 pears trees, 2 apple trees (one eating, one crab) and a plum tree. All of which appear to have fruited well. Bodes well for next year.
            offer them a cuppa when you're having one.
            salve your conscience.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Back garden in the new house is very overgrown, got two guys in to cut it all back and prune the trees etc.
              Why doesn't DS do that?

Comment

Afternoon all

Been a busy morning here, between walking The Dog (tw), sorting out Christmas presents, organising airport parking for the next holiday, oh, and signing the contract offer.

A couple of weeks left of retirement.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

three days left, for me

lunch has been more irish black pudding.
                  with a fried egg.
                  inna bun.
                  and HP sauce.
                  and earl grey tea.

might have a nap now

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    signing the contract offer.

A couple of weeks left of retirement.

So you start December? Just in time for the party season.....

Comment

There’s a lovely aroma of a stew or soup drifting in the kitchen windows from one of the neighbours - probably the ground floor back. It’s made me fancy some kind of soup for lunch

Comment

Working...
                      X