• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    offer them a cuppa when you're having one.
    salve your conscience.
    MrsB is responsible for Tea. I'll get her to make one
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's so unpleasant out there that I forewent my walk this morning.

It doesn't look as if the afternoon is likely to be any better, so walkless today.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't windy, I'm not keen on horizontal rain all in all.

Lunch was baked beans on Morrisons pumpkin seed crust toast followed by a beetroot sandwich and 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

90% of the leaves have blown off the apple tree so in the event it stops raining before May, I'll clear them up sometime.

As regards the rest of the gardening, I suppose it can wait until next year.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Why doesn't DS do that?
      If referring to me: it gives me sommat to do.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        MrsB is responsible for Tea. I'll get her to make one
        I tried that with mrs-bp once. She assured me that PG tips do a wee flavoured tea bag. Though I have never seen one in the shops?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          There’s a lovely aroma of a stew or soup drifting in the kitchen windows from one of the neighbours - probably the ground floor back. It’s made me fancy some kind of soup for lunch
          And so it came to pass: Scotch broth, with wholemeal toast, and the untoasted crusts of the wholemeal loaf and the sesame seed bloomer. Very tasty, and just the thing for an exceedingly damp, cold day

I’m saving today’s sausage roll for later

And along with last night’s curry, that frees up enough room for at least a couple of the surplus portions of the casserole I’ll be making tonight - I took the meat for it out of the freezer yesterday, forgetting that I was supposed to be holding off on making more casseroles until I’d used up the ones I have

Comment

Flash of lightening followed immediately by a big crack of thunder and torrential hail.

Dog has given up all pretence of wanting to go outside.

Garden guys had just finished so that was good timing.

Lunch has been the remains of last nights chicken casserole and a ham and cheese sandwich, as there wasn't much casserole left.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Flash of lightening followed immediately by a big crack of thunder and torrential hail.

Dog has given up all pretence of wanting to go outside.

Garden guys had just finished so that was good timing.
              The garden guys accidentally cut down a rowan, realised what they’d done, and made themselves scarce before the witches ride in on the storm

Comment

three days left, for me
                and the last bit of paperwork done.
                now i can look forward to the severe culture shock of Monday 07:00.
                i wonder if i can remember how to set my alarm?

Comment

and the last bit of paperwork done.
                  now i can look forward to the severe culture shock of Monday 07:00.
                  i wonder if i can remember how to set my alarm?

Comment

It's been a cold day in my hovel. I almost regretted WFH. However, I will persevere in a bid to get my WFH rate up

Supposed to be going to the cinema this evening to see The Aeronauts but CBA to go outside even though I suspect it's warmer out there. There's MasterChef to catch up on which doesn't require me being presentable to the outside world.

Lunch was the random veg soup I'd made up a while ago and frozen portions of. Got some 'shrooms and veg to use up so will make a nice noodle stir fry for tea.

Took advantage of the £40 off offer at Laithwaites combined with £20 cash back on £70 spend with Amex to order many bottles of plonk.

Comment

Mundane laundry done again

Comment

Working...
                      X