• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    You can do it! You may even find yourself enjoying it
    oh, i will

but i Like cooking, it's very relaxing, the way i do it.
    and, of course, eating it's good, too.

Comment

Tonight’s meal has been a serious blast from the past

Back in the summer of 1976, you may recall, there was a severe drought, with no rain falling anywhere in the UK for several months. As a result, the potato crop all but failed, and so through that autumn and winter, there was a national potato famine

In those days, the majority of British people still lived on a diet that included potatoes with most or all of their main meals, so this was a serious problem. In an attempt to prevent everybody either starving or going bankrupt trying to pay for bags of chips (for prices in chip shops had to increase drastically), the Government published a booklet of potato-free meal recipes, and distributed it to every household in the nation.

One of those recipes was for a pork and sausage casserole, in which potatoes were replaced with bread: specifically, French sticks, cut into disks and placed on top of the casserole towards the end of cooking. They soaked up the sauce on the bottom, while the top became nice and crispy.

Well, my mother tried this recipe out on us, and it turned out it was really nice - so good that we quite often had it long after the potato supply had returned to normal. But I hadn’t had it in many years.

So tonight I finally got around to making it for myself, and it’s still extremely nice

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        The Viewing of BTVS and Angel will commence shortly.
        And thusly did it come to pass, verily BTVS S5 E12 & 13 (this last wherein Dawn discovers what she is) and Angel S2 E12 & 13 (this last being some mad lovesick physicist nearly destroys the world with a time freezing machine).

All amusing enough and rapidly approaching "The Body" which is an ep of BTVS that Sky didn't broadcast in the repeats some years later.

I remember 1976. I went on holiday to Scotland. It rained.

And when I came back here everything was on fire or

With water rationing in Cardiff & such like amusements.

Goodness me that's a loooooong time ago now.

Driving a Zodiac MkIV around Scotland.

It got inneresting as the roads got narrower the further north you went.

Now wondering how a search on total jobs for microprocessor and wales + 10 miles brings up a job for Lidl in Bristol.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 November 2019, 23:02.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          yes, but i'm rather spoiled by the choice of local restaurants.
          and if i'm earning money i don't need, i can easily justify spreading it around the local economy.

<i'm talking myself into this, one step at a time>

mm I found a pizza place that makes a kebab pizza... for £1.99

Happiness found
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Things are starting to warm up at Babylon 5 with The Coming of Shadows (TV Episode 1995) and GROPOS (TV Episode 1995)

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Indeed. Nothing worse than coming in completely lacking the energy or motivation to start cooking, and finding there’s nothing in that you can just heat up quickly

I just took advantage of a hiatus in, or possibly cessation of, the rain to pop out the back for The Trundling. This time last week I was in Brighton so couldn’t do it, and of course none of the other flats bothered
              Double trundle? How’s the bike?

Comment

I was hoping for a good day today following the banning incident yesterday. 1 month free of the obnoxious idiot.

My good mood has now evaporated. As the ban was reversed. Quite astonishing. How can you accuse a poster of murdering children and get away scott free?

CUK clearly do not know what is coming their way. When they find out it is going to be fun.

Comment

morning
                  damp and drizzly in dreich sarf herts

Comment

Morning all

Dry No current precipitation.

Damp.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Chilly.

17.4 deg in here again.

Friday. I believe it to be Friday.

Cottons in WM1.

They'll be done by 11.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Had quite a peculiar night's sleep. Kept waking up not quite sure where I was and thinking that I didn't have something I needed.

Feeling quite odd today as a result.

WFH again Maybe I'll do my VAT return today. That or my Open University assignment.

Jeans in the WM.

Comment

Working...
                      X