• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    nosey buggers need to know too
    I was being polite. Forgot where I was

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      There’s too much variety to list

Anyway, I’ve decided now
      Well??????
      we're Waiting.

my dinner was chicken jalfrezy.

very nice.

looks like the new gig is fubar before it begins.
      oh, well.
      back to boredom i suppose

Comment

It was… *drumroll*… spag bol, and very tasty it was too

And it meant there was enough room to fit the two remaining portions of yesterday’s Potato Famine Casserole in the freezer

Comment

looks like the new gig is fubar before it begins.
          oh, well.
          back to boredom i suppose
          Bit sloppy of them, messing it up on the Friday evening before you were due to start

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Bit sloppy of them, messing it up on the Friday evening before you were due to start
            i did say i had misgivings.
            they tried to change the location and timescales at 12:00 today, apologising for the short notice.

i told them it wasn't possible.
            they tried again.
            i repeated my earlier statement.
            they tried again.
            i told them <in a professional manner> to shove it up their corporate arse

Comment

Just popped out the back. It’s an unpleasant night out there: rain, and a nasty cold wind that goes right through you

That’s quite enough of that for one evening

Comment

i did say i had misgivings.
                they tried to change the location and timescales at 12:00 today, apologising for the short notice.

i told them it wasn't possible.
                they tried again.
                i repeated my earlier statement.
                they tried again.
                i told them <in a professional manner> to shove it up their corporate arse
                A shame nonetheless. At least the prospect alleviated the normal daily tedium for a bit.

Comment

It has been raining here off and on. Sounds wetter than it is due to traffic splishing through the puddles.

Have been looking for late breaks away in that crappy time betwixt Christmas and New Year. Madrid is looking good but I hear it's cold there this time of year.

I haven't been outside for two days so I guess I will need to see what the world looks like tomorrow. Technically don't have to but there's a gin offer on at Waitrose that warrants investigating.

Put a curtain up to cover the kitchen door as it's getting draughty and making me cold. Stops me getting out that door but there's only dying plants out there (much to the annoyance of my neighbour, so there's an incentive to leave them be). On the subject of plants, my rather pathetic fuschia has decided to flower again. The bamboo is looking more and more dead by the day.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    A shame nonetheless. At least the prospect alleviated the normal daily tedium for a bit.
                    it's their loss.
                    they need experienced engineers more than i need useless PM's

or their money

<there aren't a lot of us left now, someone said the mainframe was dead 30 years ago, so no-one trained on it>

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Odd innit? I quite miss the endless tedium of eyer ejumakshen.

Who'd have thunk?

The evening's entertainment was BTVS S5 E14 & 15, plus Angel S2 E14 & 15.

I'd quite forgotten that BTVS S5 E15 was so sad, how can one feel sympathy for a robot FFS.

But there you go.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X