• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    On the subject of plants, my rather pathetic fuschia has decided to flower again. The bamboo is looking more and more dead by the day.
    “fuchsia” is one of the X11/HTML/CSS colour names I use all the time for things like outlines when working out how a layout is laying out

Tonight’s movie premiere was Shutter Island (2010), a psychological thriller which I found intriguing and rather disturbing. Well worth a watch, but don’t expect to feel happy at the end

One major problem with it was that, being set around the mid-1950s, it didn’t have any explosions on spaceships, there being no spaceships (of terrestrial origin) at that time; and on Friday night, one wants explosions on spaceships. So I then went for a rewatch of Jupiter Ascending (2015), which was criticised for being a bit complicated and confusing. Turns out it’s only those things if you’re easily confused and struggle with things that are complicated; I enjoyed it the first time I watched it, and even more this time

And then I watched some more of The Wire S1: The Cost (TV Episode 2002) and The Hunt (TV Episode 2002)

Goodnight all

Comment

^^ Wot? No Bab5 which is replete with spaceships of many origins.

Morning all if all there be

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

No current precipitation.

Cold.

17.2 deg in here at the moment.

Sunless.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight’s movie premiere was Shutter Island (2010)
        Recorded that ages ago, still not got round to watching it. Watch so little TV these days. Why don't they get rid of licence fees and have PAYG TV? It would be much cheaper for me.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

morning, i think

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Watch so little TV these days. Why don't they get rid of licence fees and have PAYG TV? It would be much cheaper for me.
            Me too, the limits of my viewing are the Oak Island nutjobs and Dr Pimplepopper.

The rest of it is dvds.

Sky sent me a "come back to Sky for £14" thing this morning that got ripped up.

In with the hoi polloi wherein there is some sort of lecture or presentation about something I'm completely unaware of at 11:00.

By which time I'll have buggered off so will forever remain a mystery.

It drizzled on me all the way down to town.

<hiatus>

Home again home again jiggety jig.

Another 6" or so of dvds added to the collection, plus a biography of Fred Dibnah.

Lunch today was baked beans on Morrisons pumpkin seed toast.

It was nice enough, now being joined by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Recorded that ages ago, still not got round to watching it.
            I recorded "Taken" the SF Spielberg thing from 2002 that started about the same time as 24.

Never watched it and bought the box set of dvds for £2 the other day.

So I have two opportunities to never watch it now.

I have no idea which pile the vhs cassettes reside in, but I'm sure they're somewhere.

Maybe over the rainbow by now though.

In a change to the normal running of things, the stagger up to the viewless point is pencilled in for this afternoon.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 November 2019, 12:18.

Comment

Good afternoon

This morning has seen a flurry of minor activity. Towels washed and hung on an airer. Hoovered the flat. White wash in the WM (it takes me ages to gather enough for a proper load as nearly all my clothes are dark). Bed linen stripped ready for the WM and leaving the bed to air for a bit before I remake it. Consolidated and broke down the collection of large delivery boxes I've gathered; the bin men will take them away on Tuesday.

Having a cuppa and then it'll be dusting time.

Neither my VAT return nor my OU assignment were done yesterday so I need to do those today. I no doubt will find other chores to do instead.

Comment

Haven't dusted in ages, mostly because everything has something else on top of it.

I moved into this tuliphole of mine a year last April and the extremely expensive hifi is sitting on shelves as unconnected and dusty as it was back then.

Well a bit more dusty if I'm honest.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey but mild out - no rain, and the trees aren’t waving their arms about so there isn’t any wind to speak of, as far as I can tell from in here

I suppose it could be a bit warmer than 8°C if it tried, but it’s just over 17° in here which isn’t too bad

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    ^^ Wot? No Bab5 which is replete with spaceships of many origins.
                    Indeed, but I tend more towards films as the main feature on a Friday

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Neither my VAT return nor my OU assignment were done yesterday so I need to do those today. I no doubt will find other chores to do instead.
                      I have a tendency to put off things like tax returns until the last minute because of this vague feeling that they’ll be a right pain to slog through, then they end up taking about five minutes tops

I think we’re just culturally conditioned to expect things like that to be a pain to do, despite all experience to the contrary

OU assignments probably do involve a bit of effort, though

Comment

Working...
                      X