• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's usually foxes that leave it lying around everywhere, not cats
    Nah, cats, I've seen em. Or maybe it's the bloke next door.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Article on the BBC News site about the Panacea Society in Bedford: The woman who said Jesus would return - to Bedford - BBC News

I used to walk past there all the time in the 1970s, though I had no idea it was a weird religious community of eccentric English ladies (and a few men) who owned just about every property in Albany Road. The Garden of Eden, behind numbers 12 to 18, always looked absolutely lovely though

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Article on the BBC News site about the Panacea Society in Bedford: The woman who said Jesus would return - to Bedford - BBC News

I used to walk past there all the time in the 1970s, though I had no idea it was a weird religious community of eccentric English ladies (and a few men) who owned just about every property in Albany Road. The Garden of Eden, behind numbers 12 to 18, always looked absolutely lovely though
        “The Ark”, 18 Albany Road, was where they kept a bedroom prepared for Jesus to sleep in when He returned. They changed the bed linen every week so it would always be ready, for we know not the hour of His Coming

Comment

Feckin' weirdos

Quick exit...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            There's some scouse actor person on DID this morning.

I didn't like any of his music choices, plus I've never heard of the fecker.
            He seems to have hit the news.

I think I saw in with something with Martin Shaw. I think he plays some difficult roles that not many actors would want to be associated with.

Comment

“The Ark”, 18 Albany Road
              Not Christ we need at the moment, we need Noah to help out with all the floods.

PS Oh, he's here:
              Look inside stunning Noah's Ark museum on Ipswich waterfront opened to encourage discussion amid Brexit uncertainty | Latest Ipswich News | Ipswich Star
              bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                “The Ark” was one of their terms for Joanna Southcott’s Box of Prophecies. They believed that the Bishops of the Church of England needed to come together to open the box and examine the prophecies sealed therein: “Crime and Banditry, Distress and Perplexity will increase until the Bishops open Joanna Southcott’s Box”, as they put it in their long-running and extensive advertising campaign. They bought a large house on the next road in which this meeting could take place, though sadly the bishops refused to come

The house is now the Panacea Museum, dedicated to preserving the history of the Society.

Comment

Looked into the Joanna Southcott thing a few years ago. Can't remember the details now, didn't they open the box and find a packet of wine gums or something?

PS Just had a look at Wikipedia, was lottery ticket and a horse pistol, not a packet of wine gums. If that was not the real box, they need to find the real one, they certainly need to open it soon to save us all from... everything.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 17 November 2019, 17:25.
                  bloggoth

Comment

The house is now the Panacea Museum, dedicated to preserving the history of the Society.
                    the 42 museum.

Comment

The only other thing that may save us is King Arthur. If Germy Carbuncle is the next PM, somebody up North please go to Alderley Edge and give him a shout.
                      bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                      X