• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two trips down the dump with green(ish) waste.

8 bags gone to the great skip in Briton Ferry.

Knackered now.

Once I've had my tea it'll be time for more BTVS S5 and Angel S2.

Almost at the end of both.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

There was the makings of a lovely sunset as I left the office 4.15pm. Clear skies and just a wisp of cloud.

Bloomin dark and chilly now...

Comment

Dark and chilly here too. It was sunny and Simpsonesque and around 8°C when I went to collect the prescription. The night has come and it’s already down to 3° out there

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Tea, as predicted, was more of yesterday's roast beef.

I really should have cut that piece in half.

Nice enough. Just realised I forgot the horseradish again.

Rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Now to BTVS and Angel.

I may even watch a bit of the Oak Island nutjobs if the fancy takes me.

Comment

KerCHING!

dinner has been chicken provencale <kinda>

and a nice rioja, for a change.

watching highlights of yesterday's motoGP.

didn't do much work, since their haste to setup my access's wasn't entirely successful.

<i Did say i had reservations about this, didn't i?>

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

watching highlights of yesterday's motoGP.
                feck me, there was of lot of virtual horsesh1t on turn 4, or was it three.

rather more visits to the countryside than is usual, really.

and that's my sporting entertainment borked until next season

Comment

Just been out the back. The official word is that it’s currently 1° out there, and it feels like it

Good news, however: the main back gate’s lock, which broke weeks ago, has been fixed!

Now we just need to get other people to stop leaving it open…

Comment

Dinner this evening was a take away delivered from Bugis Street Brasserie as HWMBO and I wanted their food for dinner but I didn't want to go back out in the cold again after my arduous journey home from the office.

Washed down with a bottle of red plonk. I have no idea what it was but it went down very well.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

And thusly did it tranpire: BTVS S5 E20, 21, & 22 wherein Buffy dies and saves the world again, whilst Angel S2 E20 involves the portal to Lorne's world and other shenanigans of a transdimensional kind.

The Oak Island nutjobs cure the leaking coffer dam with, wait for it, wait for it, not oakum and pitch but rather silicone sealant such as one might use around the bath.

This week they found some wood down a couple of boreholes, they found what may be the location of a cellar (bound to have a tunnel under it once it's excavated of course), met some astrophysicist chap who reckons there's a map of the constellation Taurus on Oak Island and Apple Island, found a rusty & bent spike thing in the Cove, had someone use a laser scanner to scan the "90 foot stone" they found a couple of weeks ago, then started excavating in Smiths Cove with the usual JCB.

They've bought a washery plant from a quarry to wash & sort the spoil from the Cove.

And they found a metal object, encrusted with accretion, which has a gold coloured edge.

Again, the money pit is so called because of all the money that's been poured into it by treasure hunting fools over the last couple of centuries.

Oh and they found the U shaped wooden structure in the Cove as well, replete with Roman Numerals, i.e. carpenter's marks.

The excitement is palpable.

Comment

Working...
                      X