• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch has been a bacon and chipolata bap (wholemeal, red sauce)

And yet another bedding wash is on. I want to get to the point of having only clean bedding and what’s in use, just for a change. Normally there’s at least one set in need of washing that sits around for ages until it has to be done

Comment

I have three sets of bedding. One on the bed, one washed and then put away immediately on being removed, and the third is emergency contingency. I actually have a fourth set but that's still in the packaging ready to be deployed when either set 1 or 2 falls apart.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I have three sets of bedding. One on the bed, one washed and then put away immediately on being removed, and the third is emergency contingency. I actually have a fourth set but that's still in the packaging ready to be deployed when either set 1 or 2 falls apart.
        Same here, but it’s usually one on the bed and the other two waiting for me to wash them. And the fourth got packed away when I moved here fifteen or so years ago and hasn’t been unpacked yet. And it probably needs a wash

Comment

Yet another trip down the dump with 4 bags of "green" waste.

It's mostly brown or black in reality.

When I came back I turned the remaining pile over with a fork to dry it out a bit.

I think there's at least another 8 bags still there.

Happily no hedgehogs were found.

The front gate started dragging again this morning so I took it off to see wtf was wrong with it.

In essence the pins in the hinge have worn out over the last 80 years or so which is a bitch since I can't get the bottom one out of the cement it's in.

Did think of building it up using some weld but it's a bit awkward so used a couple of big washers to shim the gate up passed the worn bit to the bit that's still sort of roundish.

It'll last until I can be arsed to do it properly.

The gate itself needs some more paint and a bit welded on here & there.

That can wait too.

<cooking type hiatus>

Tea this evening was M&S chunky breaded haddock which I managed not to overcook.

Rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Once the dishes and the shower are done with, it'll be time for Angel S2 E21 & 22, and possibly BTVS S6 E1, the one with the Buffybot of "That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo" fame.

I have no idea why I find that so amusing.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 November 2019, 18:15.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lamb stew is a-stewing

I suspect there’ll be at least a couple of days’ worth out of it

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              M&S was totally fishless, no haddock, cod, plaice or anyfeckingthing else.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Tea this evening was M&S chunky breaded haddock which I managed not to overcook.
              magic chunky haddock?
              and what IS the difference between this 'chunky' haddock, cod etc, from normal haddock, cod etc wot one gets from the local fishmonger?

is this like 'hand crafted' beer, and 'hand battered' chips?

dinner was the last of the malay curried lamb, and very wonderful it was too.

with a nice merlot.

tv's fecked again, so netflix it is.
              mind you, that's mostly turgid pish as well.
              glad i don't pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Lamb stew is a-stewing

I suspect there’ll be at least a couple of days’ worth out of it
                But you don't have room in the freezer!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  But you don't have room in the freezer!
                  I know! I’ll have to have soup for lunch tomorrow, then I can fit it in

And if, as now seems possible, there are two leftover portions, then tomorrow’s evening meal will have to be one of the extant stews, casseroles, or curries, to make even more room

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I know! I’ll have to have soup for lunch tomorrow, then I can fit it in

And if, as now seems possible, there are two leftover portions, then tomorrow’s evening meal will have to be one of the extant stews, casseroles, or curries, to make even more room
                    are they normal stews etc, or chunky ??

Comment

Anyone else just got an email from Boris Johnson?
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X