• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ooh beef stew & Mediterranean veg. mm plus cider & vanilla vodka

mmmmm
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Following the trip down the dump with the 4 bags of greenwaste, the remains of the heap were turned over with the garden fork, revealing one very large and very irritated toad, a medium size irritated toad, and a small irritated toad.

I hope they'll be ok now I've fecked up their home.

Tea this evening turned out to be more of Sunday's roast beef with carrots and onions.

By some miracle of the kitchen I managed to make it reasonably edible, neither too much nor too little of the ingredients being incorporated.

When rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea it was all pretty acceptable.

Once the dishes were done it was time for S6 E1 & 2 of BTVS again, this time listening to a mildly amusing commentary on same.

After which Angel S3 E1 & 2 got watched, these from the look of them being from an HD source or something because they look strikingly different to S2.

In between the thing about the 737 Max disasters on 4 occupiked an hour, without mentioning the insanity of a single point failure bringing down two aircraft.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

More of S2 of The Wire this evening: E6 All Prologue (TV Episode 2003) and E7 Backwash (TV Episode 2003)

Incidentally, in one of the earlier episodes of this season, possibly E2, there’s a scene with D’Angelo Barksdale working in the prison library, reshelving books. On one of the shelves, you can see the spine of Spycatcher by former MI5 scientific officer Peter Wright, in which he talks of “bugging and burgling our way across London” and which was banned in England for several years until Thatcher’s government were finally told to stop being idiots by the Law Lords. I’m sure the props department slipped that one in there on purpose

Goodnight all
        Last edited by NickFitz; 21 November 2019, 00:32.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          there’s a scene with D’Angelo Barksdale working in the prison library, reshelving books. On one of the shelves, you can see the spine of Spycatcher by former MI5 scientific officer Peter Wright, in which he talks of “bugging and burgling our way across London” and which was banned in England for several years until Thatcher’s government were finally told to stop being idiots by the Law Lords. I’m sure the props department slipped that one in there on purpose
          Bastards! So that's where my copy went.

Morning all if all there be

Dry.

Hints of blue in the sky.

Notsocold at 17.3 deg in here this morning.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            And now I want chocolate.
            I gave up chocolate(and refined sugar) in May 2019. And now I can eat what I want, when I want, without putting on weight.

Comment

morning peeps

grey and not-so-KB in shady sarf herts*

*near potters bar

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I gave up chocolate(and refined sugar) in May 2019. And now I can eat what I want, when I want, without putting on weight.
                except chocolate or refined sugar?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  What a miserable life without a bit of chocolate or a slice of cake every now and then.

Comment

Bit of dark chocolate's good for yer int it?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      except chocolate or refined sugar?
                      You forgot alcohol and coffee. And I don't smoke.

Its just crack cocaine for me....

Comment

Working...
                      X