• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

Had a nice lie in this morning as I am WFH today/tomorrow. I wisely set up the work laptop in my office when I got in yesterday so it was all ready to go when I finally got up.

No idea what the outside world is up to as I haven't looked out of the window. I believe it to be dry and a bit overcast.

Chatting with a friend about how some of her facebook friends unfriended her for sharing a meme that was taking the mickey out of Labour policies. It's such a shame that political discussion simply doesn't happen any more. If your opinion differs, you're cast out and never spoken to again. What happened to people discussing ideas, sharing their views and people changing their minds on hearing a well reasoned argument? My friend stated why she felt the policies were economically unsound and all her ex-friend said was 'that's a load of crap' and unfriended her. No attempt to discuss the pros and cons of their opposing views.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Bit of dark chocolate's good for yer int it?
      No. Because it is addictive.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        What a miserable life without a bit of chocolate or a slice of cake every now and then.
        Which is where you are wrong. I feel sorry for you if happiness revolves around refined sugar. Any "happiness" is due to the withdrawal symptoms leaving.

Try and give it up. Its worse than giving up crack. But after a month you feel much better.

And you can eat all the dates, grapes, etc. you want....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Chatting with a friend about how some of her facebook friends unfriended her for sharing a meme that was taking the mickey out of Labour policies. It's such a shame that political discussion simply doesn't happen any more. If your opinion differs, you're cast out and never spoken to again. What happened to people discussing ideas, sharing their views and people changing their minds on hearing a well reasoned argument? My friend stated why she felt the policies were economically unsound and all her ex-friend said was 'that's a load of crap' and unfriended her. No attempt to discuss the pros and cons of their opposing views.
          I am with the one who unfriended. I go to facebook to get away from politics and other nonsense. Anyone who makes political comments gets defriended.

Facebook it for family pictures and posts about cats......

Comment

Windy and grey ish in Manchester

tfit

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Which is where you are wrong. I feel sorry for you if happiness revolves around refined sugar. Any "happiness" is due to the withdrawal symptoms leaving.

Try and give it up. Its worse than giving up crack. But after a month you feel much better.

And you can eat all the dates, grapes, etc. you want....
              what's giving up crack like then?

and why give up anything if you don't want to?

Comment

In with Ye Hoi Polloi

Busier this morning: 5 including the farter.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out, and it’s just crept up to 4°

I was going to do the shopping today, as rain was forecast for tomorrow. Now it looks like the rain will be overnight instead, so I could leave it for today. On the other hand, I’m all ready and keyed up to go, so I may do it today anyhow

Comment

Morning all

Murky out but warmer than the last couple of days. A pleasant 5km walk being the highlight of the day so far.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Shopping done!

Including that most important purchase of the season: the Christmas issue of Viz

Comment

Working...
                      X