• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    is that the mason's apron?

addled one has been admitted with an UTI.
    partner <long suffering> has been treated to an early slapup in the local italian, and is now going to sleep for a week, or so she says ;-)

she'll have a few days off, at least.

my new gig has gorn pete tong, since the end client hasn't the infrastructure to support secure remote working.
    so they shouldn't have agreed to it in the first place.
    my misgivings are completely justified, and from what isaw of their planning, i'm well out of it.
    a total clusterfeck i predict.

ho hum.
    it's all go here.
    is there a reward for the shortest contract?

A mate did 45 minutes including half hour break at Maccy D's he was there shorter than the customers so 15 minutes to beat. No it wasn't Suity or Brillo's marriage.

Hey if its diving like an over earnest kamikaze you are better off out of it.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I spent ages dithering over what to watch tonight, but couldn’t make my mind up. In the end I just decided to rewatch I, Robot (2004). It turns out exactly the same thing happened a year ago September:

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I spent absolutely ages dithering over what to watch tonight, with many of my choices being things that turned out not to have been watched before because of lack of subtitles, before finally settling down to a rewatch of I, Robot (2004). Very good indeed, despite the obvious nonsense about computer science and stuff.
      Maybe I’m a robot and the dithering plus watching that film is a hidden message, embedded by my creator, manifesting itself?

Anyway, it’s good fun as these things go. It occurred to me this time that (minor spoiler alert) the thing about the new robots being linked to the company’s HQ at all times, presumably via wi-fi or cellular, is a bit like Alexa and suchlike beasts

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I spent ages dithering over what to watch tonight, but couldn’t make my mind up. In the end I just decided to rewatch I, Robot (2004). It turns out exactly the same thing happened a year ago September:

Maybe I’m a robot and the dithering plus watching that film is a hidden message, embedded by my creator, manifesting itself?

Anyway, it’s good fun as these things go. It occurred to me this time that (minor spoiler alert) the thing about the new robots being linked to the company’s HQ at all times, presumably via wi-fi or cellular, is a bit like Alexa and suchlike beasts

Goodnight all
        It's the internet of things - in this case however the things are large and can move.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Today is mostly depressing. I would not post anything if it was not for the imminent century.

Comment

Bike #1 is in Halfords. Bike #2 broken on cycle home last night. Grrrrrr.

Comment

At least I called up ee to get DD mobile phone contract upgraded. I was paying £33 a month for 10GB. Now she is on 60GB for £20. Black Friday deal.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                At least I called up ee to get DD mobile phone contract upgraded. I was paying £33 a month for 10GB. Now she is on 60GB for £20. Black Friday deal.....
                Century

Comment

I am going to give blood later this morning . Donation #80.

No matter how miserable I am, at least I help others.....

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    is that the mason's apron?

addled one has been admitted with an UTI.
                    partner <long suffering> has been treated to an early slapup in the local italian, and is now going to sleep for a week, or so she says ;-)

she'll have a few days off, at least.

my new gig has gorn pete tong, since the end client hasn't the infrastructure to support secure remote working.
                    so they shouldn't have agreed to it in the first place.
                    my misgivings are completely justified, and from what isaw of their planning, i'm well out of it.
                    a total clusterfeck i predict.

ho hum.
                    it's all go here.
                    is there a reward for the shortest contract?

<- manly

This is all reminding me of what we had with GMIL.

UTI's are a bugger for those suffering from dementia. For some reason they exacerbate the symptoms and can cause serious personality changes. Sadly they are also very common and an increasing frequency are sign that the patient is becoming unable to care for themselves.

I'm sure you've probably had this conversation but it may well be time to start thinking about long term care. It's difficult, but in the long run is the best choice for all concerned. Caring for an elderly relative with dementia yourself is really, really, hard unless you have a lot of professional support and even then its only a short term solution. You can't provide 24 hour care on your own, which is essentially what they need as the dementia progresses.

Depending on the hospital you may find they won't want to discharge her without a care plan in place, so start looking for care home places sooner rather than later. Many will do 2 week respite stays that give patients and relatives a chance to see what it would be like before making a commitment. This is what we did with GMIL after her last stay in hospital. Arranged a 2 week "holiday" for her a a local care home. By the time we got to the end of the stay she had essentially forgotten she had ever been anywhere else and had settled in quite happily to stay in the "Guesthouse". I'm not going to pretend any of it was easy, but it did work out for the best for her and MrsB.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all

CBS with whitish cast, sunny, unwet, ungrey, undank, undreary, undepressing.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X