• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Is it Patch Tuesday already?

Also, patching on a Friday? Not generally a good idea in my experience!

Patch came out a couple of weeks ago, but they insisted it was dealer-installed. Turns out that some of the code that calculated the amount of fuel left and the related range would display more fuel than was actually in the tank. It was therefore considered a critical safety issue.

15 minutes to install the patch, then the service engineer came to see me and said “are you in a hurry away?” I said no, so he told me that my car needed a clean. I agreed, didn’t tell him I was planning to go to the Polish guys near Jacob’s Well on the way back from the garage. Instead I got a free car clean outside & in. Took them about half an hour to clean it.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Walk walked

Didn't buy anything in Morrisons since I thought £8 for a half leg of lamb was a bit steep.

Lovely sunny day.

The cottons are in the TD and are really taking their time, the shirts are out of the WM, and the darks are in the WM.

The excitement of all this is unbearable.
      Audience participation: my mundane laundry is on

And having got fed up with the shower head being partially clogged by limescale, I bought an extra bottle of white vinegar, and said head is now soaking in said vinegar for a couple of hours or more.

I daresay I can return the vinegar to the bottle and use it again, but I must remember to label it so I don’t end up using it next time I make a batch of chips

Comment

My post 105k

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          My post 105k
          Says 104.5k here…

Comment

I misremembered what kind bread I was short of, with the result that I’m now almost out of wholemeal baps but have nearly two full wholemeal loaves

Good job I keep it in the freezer anyway

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Says 104.5k here…
              I suppose if I add in my sockies it is 105k.

Clearly I am too tired to be posting here. Luckily only 43 minutes until I head to Euston to get the train.....

Comment

Chilly start to the morning up in weegieland. Lovely blue sky, a bit of wispy cloud and just about positive temperatures. Car was lightly frosted but quickly dealt with.

Collected HWMBO's kids after food shopping. Then off to Six by Nico on Argyll Street for a very nice lunch. Was supposed to be just him and me but the kids have an inset day so we had to change the booking and bring them along.

Gently sozzled, getting the kids to do chores while I flop on the sofa for a bit.

EDIT: FTAOD the car was left behind when we went out for lunch, it was just used this morning for food and children collecting.

Comment

I suppose it's just cos I'm an old fart but I hate the look of young women these days. So many look like this:

Hairdresser's terror as she hid in public toilets from man who kept asking for sex - Derbyshire Live

PS Not sure how I came upon that article, maybe because I spend my day Googling "Derbyshire toilets"

Ghastly experience earlier, was doing volunteering clearing up some woods and realised when driving home that I didn't have my wallet. Went back to where I'd parked and found it lying on the verge fortunately.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    I suppose it's just cos I'm an old fart but I hate the look of young women these days. So many look like this:

Hairdresser's terror as she hid in public toilets from man who kept asking for sex - Derbyshire Live

PS Not sure how I came upon that article, maybe because I spend my day Googling "Derbyshire toilets"

It's not a good look. Tend to find that people who make themselves up that way have more issues than Beano

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I suppose if I add in my sockies it is 105k.

Clearly I am too tired to be posting here. Luckily only 43 minutes until I head to Euston to get the train.....
                      Good job it’s not London Bridge! Or was that you there earlier…

Comment

Working...
                      X