• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the facebook page for our town, there were a couple of political posts. Someone posted "Is this the right forum for political posts?". Someone replied "It would not have happened with a Labour Government"!

Comment

Lovely roast chicken dinner for tea

It’s one of those big chickens, which should provide plenty of soup - I’m going to make another batch of the spicy one with lentils, as that’s perfect for cold weather

Comment

Spent the weekend fixing things

A bust shower (blocked filter/Pipe)

Leaking water tank - insulation had moved and bent the outlet pipe.

New telly on the wall in the playroom with a new fire tv which is nicely fast. Have another 2 fire TVs on order.

Christmas tree & decorations.

bathroom floor.

some sql

Our butcher friend turned up with some experimental sausages. We swapped them for his daughter who had gone to the Brownie panto with Mrs V, Miss V2 & 3.

London Pride + Pork - properly meaty no real beer taste.

Wigan pie made with finest ground beef sausages disguised as low fat black pudding.

both very nice accompanied by a Merlot & followed by cheese.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          What is delaying this fight? I hope the Manchester social fight will be on time. As I want to pop outside just before because I am a coward.....
          The inbound was late but don't know why. Overheard the purser saying that they almost got diverted to Prestwick on an earlier rotation and were lucky to get back to Heathrow and then back up again. Must have been very foggy at the airport if my earwigging is accurate

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Lovely roast chicken dinner for tea

It’s one of those big chickens, which should provide plenty of soup - I’m going to make another batch of the spicy one with lentils, as that’s perfect for cold weather
            I'm starting to think there ought to be a CUK cook book. "When you're done cooking your books, here's a book for cooks!"

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Our butcher friend turned up with some experimental sausages. We swapped them for his daughter who had gone to the Brownie panto with Mrs V, Miss V2 & 3.

Um...just how many sausages does one get in return for a daughter? My Dad once tried to swap me for a Ferrari in Egypt.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I'm starting to think there ought to be a CUK cook book. "When you're done cooking your books, here's a book for cooks!"
                Happened five years ago: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-cookbook.html

Comment

Um...just how many sausages does one get in return for a daughter? My Dad once tried to swap me for a Ferrari in Egypt.

8 apparently.

Seems a reasonable trade! With my teenage daughters and their attitude sometimes I think an old commer van without an MOT would be a fair swap.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

One actually got made a few years ago. Damned if I can find the thread about it though.

Edit : Found it.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-cookbook.html
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      The day's entertainment began with BTVS S6 E18 with E19 (wherein Warren murders someone which was extremely foolish of him) and Willow goes to the very very very dark side.

Also watched the commentary on E16 wherein Anya gets jilted at the altar by Xander.
                      Then watched Angel S3 E18 & 19 which were, it must be said, a bit of a chore, so the evening finished with BTVS S6 E20, 21, & 22, wherein Willow goes to the blackest of dark sides, flays Warren alive and all sorts of magical badness ensues.

I've just realised I don't know what happened to Clem.

But it all turned out ok in the end, though Buffy nearly died again.

YouTube
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 December 2019, 23:36.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X