• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dinner has been a pepperoni and halapeno pizza, with extra everything.
    thin crust, as it should be.

and more nice rioja.

update on the demented one.
    she's still in hospital, but greatly improved from last week.
    they'll be discharging her into social care, when they deem her ready, so she'll have a little holiday in a 'guest house'.
    partner is gradually relaxing about it all, so- 'so far, so good'.
    Last edited by BR14; 3 December 2019, 19:51.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      dinner has been a pepperoni and halapeno pizza, with extra everything.
      thin crust, as it should be.

and more nice rioja.

they'll be discharging her into social care, when they deem her ready, so she'll have a little holiday in a 'guest house'.
      That's sounding slightly more positive

Comment

Hopefully a step in the right direction

Comment

Hoorah! Been doing a tax return for years as I am director of a small limited company. Just completed an HMRC questionnaire and found I don't need to bother!
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tonight’s tea has been the remaining limbs (one leg, one wing) of the big chicken and a little bit of breast with the rest of the skin, reheated in the oven, and served with chips and lashings of red sauce. Delicious stuff

And tomorrow, I make soup with the remainder of the fowl

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Tonight’s tea has been the remaining limbs (one leg, one wing) of the big chicken and a little bit of breast with the rest of the skin, reheated in the oven, and served with chips and lashings of red sauce. Delicious stuff

And tomorrow, I make soup with the remainder of the fowl
              i was right with you until that bit

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Hoorah! Been doing a tax return for years as I am director of a small limited company. Just completed an HMRC questionnaire and found I don't need to bother!
                Sounds good

Comment

Tea this evening was M&S chunky battered cod.

I managed to cook it quite nicely so it was ok.

The 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea washed it down.

The evening's entertainment began with BTVS S7 E1 and 2, followed by Angel S3 E22 wherein Angel gets dumped in the ocean in a glass coffin, after which Angel S4 E1 got watched, wherein Angel gets hoiked out of the ocean and remonstrates with the one who dumped him therein.

The Oak Island nutjobs pour more money into the search, that machine thing that puts 60" pipes into the ground has come back in order to pull one back up by 10 to 15 feet or so.

They found an L shaped wooden thing in the cove.

They found a sort of wooden ramp thing in the cove.

The found yet more wooden things in the cove.

The excitement was unbounded when the detectorist found yet another piece of lead in the cove.

The rock they found last week may have runes on it, but said runes don't look like the runes on another lump of rock in a museum.

Just one hour this week, so that's all folks until next Sunday when we get to experience yet more excitement watching a couple of millionaires piss money down holes in the ground.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  That's sounding slightly more positive

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Hopefully a step in the right direction
                  WNF&LMS.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 December 2019, 23:14.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Back to Baltimore tonight for the penultimate episode of S3 of The Wire, Middle Ground (TV Episode 2004). To quote Hunter S. Thompson, the chickens are coming home to roost, accompanied by three giant condors

Earlier, I finally got around to opening the three volume box set of the complete works of Primo Levi I bought four years ago, and started reading vol. I. The first book is If This is a Man; I’ve read the first couple of chapters, in which he’s been captured by the Italian Fascists, then transported to Aushchwitz. He’s a wonderful writer, even when telling such a terrible tale.

Goodnight all

Comment

sod off girly git
                      i hope your rabbit dies.
                      It did. But I replaced the batteries.

Comment

Working...
                      X