• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And there we go - shower done. CBS here for a few minutes, grey again now. The weather can't decide what to do.

Comment

Peace restored in the house now that CovToddler is off to nursery. She's very cute and loving but has spent the morning sitting on the sofa telling me which keys to press on the laptop, followed by an hour of whining as it got towards needing a lunchtime nap.

Comment

Funnily enough the newbie pimp insisting on an opt-out hasn't sent me the right to represent or answered my email enquiring about it. I guess they must have been inundated with network engineers more experienced and skilled than me.

Comment

Off into town to collect my Mum’s present in a bit, then onwards to Sainsbury’s. I’ll hit the market for meat and veg, so Sainsbury’s might end up just being a bit of a beer run

Comment

Today's lunch was quiche and salad.

Trying to drink more water as I didn't have enough yesterday and ended up all headachy by the end of the day.

Comment

Got a bit bored there so phoned up the bank to find out what was left on our 20 year mortgage, which we are now 1/2 way through (as of 3 days ago).
              Turns out that the outstanding amount less what is sitting in the offset account turned out to be less than the final dividend payment of the year that MyCo is due to pay later this month.

After a quick company meeting, the dividend payment was made a couple of days early and we are now debt free. (Well, until Hector says hello on 31st January.)

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Shirts pass through the WM and the TD: done.

Even ironed bits of 3 shirts to make them look a bit less like they'd been slept in.

Denim & darks through the WM & currently in the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

The excitement of my day knows few bounds.

The commentary on an ep of BTVS and and ep of Angel: done & dusted.

It's still 18 .1 deg in here and has been all morning.

Quite comfortably really.

The shivering thing of last night seems to have passed.

Richard Smith: Who is most likely to have side effects to flu vaccination? - The BMJ

Turns out the over 65 shot has squalene in it as an adjuvant.

The under 65 one doesn't.

I think I'll opt for that next year.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 December 2019, 14:01.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Got a bit bored there so phoned up the bank to find out what was left on our 20 year mortgage, which we are now 1/2 way through (as of 3 days ago).
                  Turns out that the outstanding amount less what is sitting in the offset account turned out to be less than the final dividend payment of the year that MyCo is due to pay later this month.

After a quick company meeting, the dividend payment was made a couple of days early and we are now debt free. (Well, until Hector says hello on 31st January.)

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

The shivering thing of last night seem to have passed.
                    Glad to hear you're on the mend

Comment

There are slight hints of blue sky peeking through the gap between the living room curtains.

In fact, there's a hint of sunshine atop the mountain across the vaaaalleeeey there's tidy then boyo.

In fact, more than a hint: the sun has got his hat on.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X